The Kidnappers of Reverend father Matthew Dajo of the St Anthony Catholic Church in Yangoji village, Kwali Area Council in Abuja suburb, are reportedly demanding for N100 million ransom before the victim will be set free.
The Catholic priest was abducted on Sunday, November 22 around 9:47:pm. It was gathered that the gunmen stormed the catholic priest’s residence with sophisticated weapons and then whisked him away.
A member of his church told Daily Trust that contact was established with the kidnappers on Saturday, and they have demanded N100 million as ransom.
“And you know since he was abducted, his abductors did not call until on Saturday and they are demanding for N100 million, but I don’t know at what figure has the man who is negotiating with them has been able to arrive at,” he said.
The insider said members of the church are facing a major problem on how to raise the large sum as it’s against the rules of the church to pay for ransom. He also stated the church is solely depending on the family members and relatives of the victim to source for ransom.
“And the other thing we are more worried about is that when a reverend father is abducted, it is against the rules of the church to pay for ransom, except the family members, friends or relatives of the victim can take such responsibility,” he said.
Zahra Buhari reacts to the murder of rice farmers in Zabarmari
Zahra Buhari-Indimi has reacted to the murder of 110 rice farmers in Zabarmari village in Borno state.
The daughter of the president of Nigeria shared a newspaper shot of the Zabarmari massacre and wrote: “My heart bleeds”.
Her reaction comes two days after Boko Haram terrorists attacked rice farmers in their farms and slaughtered them. The death toll was initially at 43 but has now been updated to 110.
Disappointed customer shows dress she ordered and what her tailor made
A customer who asked a tailor to make her a dress was left disappointed at what was delivered.
The woman shared a photo of the dress she ordered and what was delivered.
She explained that a friend introduced her to the tailor who then sent her 5 dresses to choose from. She chose one and the tailor charged her 70,000 Naira.
She haggled down to 65,000 Naira and made payment for the dress.
However, the dress was not ready on time for her birthday. When it finally came, it was nothing like what she ordered.
The Twitter user was told that she probably ordered an inferior material but she explained that the tailor handled everything, including sourcing the material for the dress.
She went on to share videos to show how the finishing was.
She added that she asked the tailor to keep 25,000 Naira and make a refund of 40,000 and she’ll return the dress, but the tailor refused.
Below are tweets shared by the disappointed customer alongside videos of the dress delivered.
Garba Shehu asks whether farmers killed by Boko Haram got military clearance before resuming farming
Presidential spokesman Garba Shehu reacted to the murder of scores of farmers in Zabarmari village by asking whether the victims got military clearance before resuming farming.
Mr. Shehu said this while speaking to BBC ‘Newsday’ on Sunday, November 29, hours after the gruesome killings.
Garba Shehu said the government was sad about the tragic incident, but added that the “people need to understand what it is like in the Lake Chad Basin area.”
He insisted that much of the area has been liberated from Boko Haram terrorists but said there are still some areas that have not been cleared for the return of villagers who have been displaced.
He continued: “The truth has to be said. Was there any military clearance from the military who are in total control of the area?
“Did anybody ask to resume activity?”
Mr. Shehu said he had been briefed by military authorities that the villagers did not seek military advice before exposing themselves to “a window that the terrorists have exploited.”
He added: “So ideally, all of these places ought to probably be allowed to pass through proper military clearance before resettlement or even farmers resuming activities on those fields.”
His statement comes only hours after at least 43 rice farmers were slaughtered by Boko Haram terrorists while they were working on their farms.