The Russian and US governments have blamed each other after Russian and US armoured vehicles in north-eastern SyriaRussian collided on Wednesday August 26, injuring US troops.
In a video broadcast by a Russian nationalist website, Rusvesna.su , a Russian military vehicle in a desert convoy could be seen ramming a US armoured car, as a Russian helicopter flew low overhead.
Recently, news of numerous incidents involving US forces in north-eastern Syria have become the norm.
Almost a week ago, US forces came under fire from Russia’s Syrian allies while in February 2018 a large force of Russian mercenaries launched an assault against US positions near a major oilfield.
But this latest incident is the first time there was a direct confrontation between the official Russian military and US troops.
The US government say this is part of a pattern of incidents as Russia is breaking a variety of local co-ordination agreements as a way to harass US forces.
Now the Russian government has blamed the US saying the US obstructed a Russian patrol.
The Russian defence ministry in a statement said it had given the US military prior warning that it would be patrolling in the area.
“Despite that, in violation of existing agreements, the US armed forces soldiers tried to block the Russian patrol,” Russia’s defence ministry said in statement quoted by Tass news agency.
“In response to that, the Russian military police took necessary measures to prevent an incident and to carry on fulfilling the mission they had been given.”
In a statement, the Russian Defense Ministry said Gen. Valery Gerasimov, chief of the Russian military’s General Staff, had a phone call with Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, to discuss the incident.
But the White House has said the Russian vehicle was at fault as it struck a US mine-resistant all-terrain vehicle causing concussion to the soldiers on board.
The White House National Security Council (NSC) in it’s own statement said a Russian vehicle had struck a US mine-resistant all-terrain vehicle, “causing injuries to the vehicle’s crew” and that four US soldiers had suffered mild concussion.
Condemning the Russian military for colliding with a US vehicle, NSC spokesperson John Ullyot, quoted by Politico, said the coalition patrol had then left the area “to de-escalate the situation”.
“Unsafe and unprofessional actions like this represent a breach of de-confliction protocols, committed to by the United States and Russia in December 2019,” Mr Ullyot said.
Update: Abductors of catholic priest demand ‘N100m ransom’
The Kidnappers of Reverend father Matthew Dajo of the St Anthony Catholic Church in Yangoji village, Kwali Area Council in Abuja suburb, are reportedly demanding for N100 million ransom before the victim will be set free.
The Catholic priest was abducted on Sunday, November 22 around 9:47:pm. It was gathered that the gunmen stormed the catholic priest’s residence with sophisticated weapons and then whisked him away.
A member of his church told Daily Trust that contact was established with the kidnappers on Saturday, and they have demanded N100 million as ransom.
“And you know since he was abducted, his abductors did not call until on Saturday and they are demanding for N100 million, but I don’t know at what figure has the man who is negotiating with them has been able to arrive at,” he said.
The insider said members of the church are facing a major problem on how to raise the large sum as it’s against the rules of the church to pay for ransom. He also stated the church is solely depending on the family members and relatives of the victim to source for ransom.
“And the other thing we are more worried about is that when a reverend father is abducted, it is against the rules of the church to pay for ransom, except the family members, friends or relatives of the victim can take such responsibility,” he said.
Zahra Buhari reacts to the murder of rice farmers in Zabarmari
Zahra Buhari-Indimi has reacted to the murder of 110 rice farmers in Zabarmari village in Borno state.
The daughter of the president of Nigeria shared a newspaper shot of the Zabarmari massacre and wrote: “My heart bleeds”.
Her reaction comes two days after Boko Haram terrorists attacked rice farmers in their farms and slaughtered them. The death toll was initially at 43 but has now been updated to 110.
Disappointed customer shows dress she ordered and what her tailor made
A customer who asked a tailor to make her a dress was left disappointed at what was delivered.
The woman shared a photo of the dress she ordered and what was delivered.
She explained that a friend introduced her to the tailor who then sent her 5 dresses to choose from. She chose one and the tailor charged her 70,000 Naira.
She haggled down to 65,000 Naira and made payment for the dress.
However, the dress was not ready on time for her birthday. When it finally came, it was nothing like what she ordered.
The Twitter user was told that she probably ordered an inferior material but she explained that the tailor handled everything, including sourcing the material for the dress.
She went on to share videos to show how the finishing was.
She added that she asked the tailor to keep 25,000 Naira and make a refund of 40,000 and she’ll return the dress, but the tailor refused.
Below are tweets shared by the disappointed customer alongside videos of the dress delivered.