Connect with us

Sports

Super Eagles midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo joins Galatasaray on loan from Stoke City

Published

on

Sponsored

Super Eagles midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo has joined Galatasaray on a season-long loan from Stoke City.

The 24-year-old who will spend the 2020/21 campaign at the Turkish club, was unveiled on Wednesday, September 9 after undergoing his medicals.

“Galatasaray Sportif A.?. informed the Public Disclosure Platform that an agreement was reached for the transfer of professional football player Oghenekaro Etebo until the end of the season,” the club revealed on its website.

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi fails to make list of 10 most lethal strikers in European football as Cristiano Ronaldo comes third (See full list)

 

 

“We welcome Oghenekaro Etebo to our club and wish him a successful season under the Galatasaray jersey.”

On joining the Turkish side, Etebo told the club’s official website: “I am very happy to come to such a big and historic club. I thank our president and our vice presidents for their warm welcome. I really felt at home. See you at the championship at the end of the season,” 

 

Super Eagles midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo joins Galatasaray on loan from Stoke City

“On this occasion, I would like to thank our President, all technical staff and all our fans for a warm welcome. ”

The move marks his second loan spell away from Stoke City having spent half of last season on loan at LaLiga side Getafe.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Manchester City announce £64m signing of Ruben Dias from Benfica on a six-year deal 

Published

on

By

Sponsored

Manchester City has announced the signing of Portuguese defender Ruben Dias from Benfica in a £64.3million move.

 

The 23-year-old who had his medical in Lisbon signed a six-year contract, which saw Nicolas Otamendi moved to Benfica for £13.7m as part of the deal.

 

‘I am a player that loves to win, a player for the team, for the fans, a player that loves this family spirit which I am feeling a lot since I have been here,’ Dias said.

 

‘I am an aggressive player and I love what I do. I love the game and without getting into too much detail, because it is something you will see when I start playing, the most important thing to say is I love to win and that is the thing you most need to know about me.

ALSO READ:  Atletico Madrid stars, Diego Costa and Santiago Arias test positive for Coronavirus

Manchester City announce ?64m signing of Ruben Dias from Benfica on a six-year deal?

‘I am expecting the Premier League to be the reason why I wanted to be a football player. To have that feeling when I am on the field, when my arms get goosebumps.

 

‘That is it, that feeling, you cannot even put it into words. For me, the Premier League means all of that and to be able to play in the Premier League at a top club like City, it doesn’t get much bigger than that.’

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi fails to make list of 10 most lethal strikers in European football as Cristiano Ronaldo comes third (See full list)
Sponsored

 

After failing to replace Vincent Kompany last year, City sporting director Txiki Begiristain revealed that the club are expecting Dias to take leadership responsibility.

 

‘Ruben is a player we have admired for some time and we have been impressed with how he has progressed at Benfica,’ Begiristain said.

 

‘He has developed into a real leader and as a defender, he has all the attributes we are looking for. He is strong in the air, good in one v one situations and technically, he is very good, so we are confident he can thrive in our system.

ALSO READ:  Cristiano Ronaldo becomes second male footballer in history to score 100 international goals (video)

Manchester City announce ?64m signing of Ruben Dias from Benfica on a six-year deal?

‘He is young but has gained valuable experience at a big European club in Benfica and we’re really pleased we’ve been able to sign him. He is another talented addition to the squad and someone who is only going to get better working under Pep.’

 

Dias, who becomes City’s third signing of the summer following the arrivals of Nathan Ake and Ferran Torres, will wear the No 3 shirt.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Liverpool midfielder, Thiago Alcantara tests positive for Coronavirus

Published

on

By

Sponsored

Liverpool midfielder, Thiago Alcantara has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating, the club confirmed on Tuesday.

 

The 29-year-old Spaniard only joined Liverpool from Bayern Munich last month in a deal worth up to £25m, and made his debut for the Premier League champions in a 2-0 win at Chelsea on September 20.

ALSO READ:  Paulo Dybala beats Juventus team-mate, Cristiano Ronaldo to Serie A Player of the Year

 

He was a surprise absentee from Liverpool’s squad that faced Arsenal in Monday night’s 3-1 victory, but his omission has now been explained.

 

Liverpool released a statement via the club’s official Twitter account confirming his diagnosis: “Thiago Alcantara has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently self-isolating according to the necessary guidelines.”

Sponsored

 

ALSO READ:  Manchester United captain, Harry Maguire arrives at court after he was arrested for 'punching police officer' on Greek island of Mykonos (Photos)

“The 29-year-old, who missed Monday’s match against Arsenal, has exhibited minor symptoms of the virus but is in good health and is getting better.”

 

“The club has, and will continue to follow, all protocols relating to COVID-19 and Thiago will remain in self-isolation for the required period of time.”

 

LFC first-team doctor, Dr Jim Moxon, added: “It is the choice of each individual whether they reveal publicly the outcome of a COVID-19 test.

ALSO READ:  Atletico Madrid stars, Diego Costa and Santiago Arias test positive for Coronavirus

 

“We have followed all the protocols to the letter and Thiago is OK. He will be self-isolating now as per the guidelines and hopefully he’ll be back with us soon.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes

Published

on

Sponsored

Chelsea have completed the signing of goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Ligue 1 outfit Rennes in a £22m deal.

 

The Senegalese international, 28, has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge and is expected to become Chelsea’s No 1 ahead of Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero.

 

After signing his long-term contract with the Blues, Mendy said: ‘I am so excited to be joining Chelsea. It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff. I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started.’

Sponsored
ALSO READ:  Manchester United captain, Harry Maguire arrives at court after he was arrested for 'punching police officer' on Greek island of Mykonos (Photos)

 

On signing Mendy, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in. Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club.’

 

ALSO READ:  Paulo Dybala beats Juventus team-mate, Cristiano Ronaldo to Serie A Player of the Year

Edouard Mendy becomes Chelsea’s seventh signing after the arrival of Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) Malang Sarr (Nice) Ben Chilwell (Leicester) Thiago Silva (PSG), Timo Werner ( RB Leipzig ), and Kai Havertz ( Bayern Leverkusen).

ALSO READ:  England-born Nigerian midfielder, Eberechi Eze set to join Crystal Palace in a £19.5m deal

Sponsored

Continue Reading