Connect with us

COVID19

Oyo State Government postpones Common Entrance Examination Dates.

Published

on

Sponsored

Oyo State Government, on Tuesday,18th August 2020, announced a shift in the Common Entrance examination dates into its schools of science from Wednesday, August 19 to Tuesday, September 1,2020.The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in the state, in a statement signed by the Commissioner, Olasunkanmi Olaleye, said the postponement was due to a clash of the examination date with the ongoing West African Examination Council (WAEC).

ALSO READ:  Rock & Roll legend Neil Young sues Trump's campaign for playing his songs during rallies without permission

According to the statement made by the commissioner, students in Oyo State were expected to write Economics and Agricultural Science WAEC exams on the said dates, which was the reason for the postponement.He added that the date of the screening test for placement of pupils in terminal classes in public and private primary schools into Junior Secondary School 1 in Oyo State had been shifted from Thursday, August 20 to Saturday, August, 22 also due to clash of the date with another WAEC subject.

ALSO READ:  Soldiers arrest Mali President Ibrahim Boubakar Keïta
Sponsored

The Commissioner Said;“All parents and guidance are advised to note these changes and prepare their wards for the exercise at the stipulated periods with strict compliance with the state’s COVID-19 protocols,”

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COVID19

E!’s Giuliana Rancic announces she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus

Published

on

Sponsored

Giuliana Rancic has announced that she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus.

 

The veteran E! host released a statement during Sunday’s Live From the Red Carpet: The 2020 Emmy Awards special explaining why she wasn’t present to host the red carpet coverage.

 

In the statement, the American-Italian reporter, 46, revealed that her husband, Bill Rancic, and their son, Duke also tested positive for COVID-19.

ALSO READ:  E!'s Giuliana Rancic announces she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus
Sponsored

 

“Hey, everyone. As I go into my 20th year on the E! red carpet I have to say I do not take missing an award show lightly, but unfortunately this year is just so different,” Rancic shared with fans. “As part of E! and NBCUniversal’s very strict testing guidelines, especially before an event like this, I did find out that I tested positive for COVID-19. Now as much as I didn’t want to hear that, I’m very thankful I heard it before I traveled and possibly could have exposed other people. So for that, I’m thankful.”

 

ALSO READ:  Soldiers arrest Mali President Ibrahim Boubakar Keïta

Rancic continued, “As far as my health, I’m doing well. My husband Bill and our son [Duke] also did test positive, but we’re all doing well and taking care each other so I’m going to get back to doing that. But I just want to say I’m wishing you all the best and please protect yourselves and protect those around you. Take good care and I’ll see you on the next red carpet.” 

 

ALSO READ:  Ogun state government backs down, makes COVID-19 test free for returning students

Brad Goreski and Nightly Pop’s Nina Parker took over G’s hosting duties during Sunday’s Live From the Red Carpet show ahead of the 2020 Emmy Awards.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

COVID19

79 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria

Published

on

Sponsored

79 new cases of Coronavirus were recorded in Nigeria on Sunday September 13, as confirmed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

ALSO READ:  Ogun state government backs down, makes COVID-19 test free for returning students

 

The agency gave a breakdown of the new cases across states in the country as follows; Lagos-30, Kaduna-17, Ogun-7, Anambra-5, Kano-4, Katsina-3, FCT-3, Akwa Ibom-3, Oyo-2, Rivers-2, Delta-1, Plateau-1, Ondo-1.

ALSO READ:  Pondei not collecting kickback from contractors ― NDDC reacts

 

There are now 56,256 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the country and 1, 082 deaths has been recorded.  44,152 patients who recovered from the disease have also been discharged.

ALSO READ:  E!'s Giuliana Rancic announces she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus
Sponsored

 

79 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria

79 new cases of Coronavirus recorded in Nigeria

Sponsored

Continue Reading

COVID19

‘Trump committed second-degree murder with handling of Coronavirus and must be held accountable for deaths’ – Lawyer Glenn Kirschner says

Published

on

Sponsored

Top American lawyer and MSNBC legal analyst, Glenn Kirschner, says US President Trump committed second-degree murder with his handling of the Coronavirus pandemic.

 

Kirschner feels audio excerpts from interviews that journalist Bob Woodward conducted with Trump in February and March that were published by The Washington Post on Wednesday prove his guilt.

 

The interviews written in Woodward’s forthcoming book, “Rage” detail how Trump talked about the deadly nature of the Coronavirus pandemic but explained he wanted to downplay it to avoid widespread panic.

 

While Trump says he did not lie to the American people, Kirschner (pictured below) disagrees.

ALSO READ:  Obaseki is not a threat because he is not even eligible to contest elections - Oshiomhole

 

“What Donald Trump has just done by virtue of the tapes that Bob Woodward released, is he has upped his own criminal ante to second-degree murder,” Kirschner said Friday on SiriusXM’s “The Dean Obeidallah Show.”

Sponsored

“He was lying to the American people about the danger this virus posed,” Kirschner continued.

“He was saying to Bob Woodward, in very dramatic tones, you know, ‘This thing is airborne only you need to do is breathe near somebody who is infected and you are going to get it,’ he didn’t tell the American people that. But what did he do? He refused to order the production of the personal protective equipment.”

ALSO READ:  FG to announce details for 3rd phase of lockdown

“This man has upped the criminal ante to second-degree murder, and there are only two elements for second-degree murder. The first is you caused the death of another. The second element is the intent element,” Kirschner said. “And here’s where it would otherwise get tricky if we didn’t have Trump’s incriminating admissions.”

 

Kirschner explained that Trump didn’t intend to kill people but that doesn’t matter at all because he feels the president committed “conscious disregard, which fits the criteria of second-degree murder.”

ALSO READ:  Africans bash BBC Africa over their article with the headline ''Coronavirus in Africa: Could poverty explain mystery of low death rate?''

“That’s defined as, your conduct was in conscious disregard of the extreme risk you were creating to other human beings that they would suffer death or serious bodily injury,” he said.

“Trump has admitted, in my opinion as a career prosecutor and, frankly, I was the most experienced homicide prosecutor in the Department of Justice because of our unique jurisdictional mandate in D.C., that is second-degree murder and Donald Trump must be held accountable.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading