Connect with us

Viral News

Nigerian ballet dancer, Anthony Madu gets scholarship by the American Ballet Theatre in New York after video him dancing in the rain went viral

Published

on

Sponsored

An 11-year-old Nigerian boy, Anthony Mmesoma Madu went viral on social media when millions of people watched a video of him dancing ballet barefoot in the rain. The talented young boy has now secured a scholarship to New York’s prestigious American Ballet Theatre.

Anthony spoke with the Washington Post to share his excitement at the news he would be soon training in the US.

ALSO READ:  LASTMA officers to be reprimanded after they were filmed breaking COVID-19 safety guidelines while on duty

“When my friends see me dancing, they feel like, ‘what is this boy doing, is he doing a foreign dance?’?” he said.

“Now I have won a grand prize to go to the US… I will be in the plane and this is what I am waiting for, and ballet has done it for me.”

Anthony’s video has also led to a flood of donations to the Leap of Dance Academy in Nigeria where Anthony currently trains. Anthony and his mum, Ifeoma Madu, had a video chat with CBS where they expressed their excitement.

ALSO READ:  Eight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in Calabar
Sponsored

When asked how ballet makes him feel, the little boy said,

“It makes me feel strong and happy when I’m dancing. I see my future like that I’m going to be a professional dancer when I grew up.”

From the streets of Lagos to a scholarship in an American school of ballet via social media. pic.twitter.com/q4671rP0qT

— Chief Ojukwu (@ChiefOjukwu) August 11, 2020

Sponsored

9 Comments

9 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Viral News

Vatican begins investigation after Pope’s Instagram page likes a racy photo of a scantily clad Brazilian model

Published

on

By

Sponsored

The Vatican has launched an investigation into the Pope’s Instagram account after his official page “liked” a raunchy picture of a scantily clad Brazilian bikini model, Natalia Garibotto.

The Oct. 5 photo shows Garibotto wearing a racy outfit along with the caption,

“I can teach you a thing or two,” and a happy devil emoji.

Francis’ verified Instagram account, Franciscus, was one of the pages liking Natalia Garibotto’s photo before it abruptly “unliked” the image last week, according to the Catholic News Agency.

ALSO READ:  Vatican begins investigation after Pope's Instagram page likes a racy photo of a scantily clad Brazilian model

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

The Brazilian model, who has been celebrating the pope’s supposed endorsement also took to Twitter afterwards and wrote,

“At least I’m going to heaven.”

In another tweet, she wrote:

 “Brb on my way to the Vatican.”

Sponsored

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

Speaking with Barstool Sports, the Brazilian model said:

“My mum may hate my ass pics but the Pope be double-tapping.”

In a statement, the Catholic News Agency said: “The picture “liked” by Pope Francis’ verified account, Franciscus, features Brazilian model and Twitch streamer Natalia Garibotto wearing a lingerie outfit that resembles a school uniform. Garibotto’s mostly-uncovered posterior is visible in the picture. The exact time of the “like” is unclear, but it was visible and reported by news outlets on November 13.”

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

“The photograph was unliked on November 14, after CNA asked the Holy See Press Office for comment. An official for the Holy See Press Office declined to comment on the event.”

Sources close to the Vatican leadership told the outlet that an internal probe is underway to determine how the “like” happened.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Viral News

US Election: Another county in Georgia uncovers 2,700 missing votes during recount- Secretary of State’s office says

Published

on

By

Sponsored

2700 missing votes have been found in a county in Georgia, one of the battleground states Joe Biden won in the just concluded Secretary election, the Secretary of State’s Office has announced.

This is the second county in the state to have found missing votes, since the electoral audit in the state started after US president Trump requested a recount and started legal proceedings stating that the election was rigged.

During the hand recount on Tuesday November 17, Fayette County uncovered 2,755 votes that were not included in the initial count. Secretary of State official Gabriel Sterling said those ballots were scanned onto a card, but those votes were never uploaded into the initial count. He says there were several backups designed to catch this issue meaning workers were responsible for not following procedure.

ALSO READ:  'Having courage is a beautiful thing' - Trump reacts after Michigan Electoral board refused to certify that Biden won the state

US Election: Another county in Georgia uncovers 2,700 missing votes during recount- Secretary of State?s office says

The news comes as Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, has started firing back after more than a week of criticism from Donald Trump and Republicans.

Raffensperger says it was the president’s own attacks on absentee ballots that cost him the election in Georgia.

“He would have won by 10,000 votes. He actually suppressed, depressed his own voting base,” Raffensperger said to Channel 2 investigative reporter Justin Gray.

Sponsored

The Secretary of State added that some 24,500 Georgia Republicans who voted absentee in the June primary elections, didn’t vote in the general election.

“Those 24,000 people did not vote in the fall. They did not vote absentee because they were told by the president, ‘Don’t vote absentee it’s not secure.’ But then they did not vote in person,” Raffensperger said.

The deadline for the statewide audit is Wednesday at midnight.

Of the votes that are now being added to the total, 1,577 were for President Donald Trump, 1,128 for Joe Biden and the rest were for Jo Jorgenson or write-ins. Even with the recount, Biden still leads Trump by 12,929 votes.

Fayette is the second county to report an issue with missing votes. On Monday, Floyd County uncovered 2,600 votes that were missed during the initial count on election night. The Secretary of State’s office said it was human error and called for the elections director in the county to step down. An investigation has been opened in the county.

Those votes changed the margin by about 800 in favor of President Trump.

All counting in counties must be completed by midnight Wednesday so the state can certify its election results by Friday.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Viral News

‘Having courage is a beautiful thing’ – Trump reacts after Michigan Electoral board refused to certify that Biden won the state

Published

on

By

Sponsored

US President, Donald Trump, has reacted after the Michigan Electoral board refused to certify results declaring Joe Biden as the winner in the state during the just concluded presidential election.

Republicans on Tuesday November 17, blocked the certification of results  in a party-line vote that threatened to temporarily stall official approval of Democrat Joe Biden’s win in the state.

According to the Republicans, Wayne County, Michigan’s largest county had irregularities, voting to make it a 2-2 tie.

Biden crushed Trump in Wayne county, a Democratic and Black people controlled stronghold, by more than a two-to-one margin and won the state by 146,000 votes, according to unofficial results.

Monica Palmer, a Republican, said poll books in certain Detroit precincts were out of balance. In response, Jonathan Kinloch, a Democrat, said it was “reckless and irresponsible” not to certify the results. “It’s not based upon fraud. It’s absolutely human error,” Kinloch said of any discrepancies.

“Votes that are cast are tabulated.”

Democrats and election day experts condemned the certification block calling it a dangerous attempt to overthrow the will of voters.

ALSO READ:  Maths paper did not leak - WAEC

The board met after days of unsuccessful litigation filed by Republican poll challengers and President Donald Trump’s allies. They claimed fraud during absentee ballot counting at a Detroit convention center but two judges found no evidence and refused to stop the canvassing process.

On Tuesday evening, Trump reacted to the certification block, calling it a beautiful thing, while also alleging the number of voters was more than the number of people who registered to vote.

As at press time, the Republicans in the electoral board have changed their stance and have now all voted to certify the results.

The Board of State Canvassers has until Nov. 23 to certify Michigan’s statewide election results. Recount petitions for the presidential, Senate, U.S. House and State House seats must be filed with the Secretary of State within 48 hours after the board has certified the statewide results.

A change to Michigan’s recount process made after the 2016 presidential election requires candidates to prove they have a reasonable chance to win in order to initiate a recount. Biden won Michigan by a wide margin — more than 146,000 votes.

 

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99,r57,wso,b374k,mini,c99.txt,r57.txt,wso.txt,b374k.txt,mini.txt,php shell,r57 shell,c99 shell,wso shell,b374k shell,mini shell,asp shell,aspx shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort