Connect with us

Sports

“My period as Barcelona manager is over” – Pep Guardiola rules out possibility of linking up with Lionel Messi at Camp Nou

Published

on

Sponsored

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has finally addressed rumors linking him with a move to Barcelona to link up with former protege, Lionel Messi.

After watching his side beat Sheffield United in the Premier League on Saturday October 31, Guardiola ruled out the possibility of returning to Camp Nou, insisting his “period as Barcelona manager is over.”

 

"My period as Barcelona manager is over

 

Guardiola is in the last six months of his current contract with Manchester City, and this week Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu announced he will be stepping down as president following the club’s failures on and off the pitch last season.

ALSO READ:  American coach Randy Waldrum named as new manager of Super Falcons

 

Barca presidential candidate Victor Font also announced he wanted to bring Guardiola back so as to arrange a reunion between the 49-year-old and Lionel Messi.

Sponsored

“It is our intention to build a very strong and competitive project and we are very lucky at Barca that we inherited a style of play that Johan Cruyff instilled throughout the organisation, and most of the best professionals who know about this style are also fans and love the club – like Pep Guardiola, Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, [Carlos] Puyol,” Font told Sky Sports earlier this week.

ALSO READ:  Barcelona 3-1 Napoli (agg: 4-2): Messi leads Barça through

“They are all legends that love Barcelona but do not work for Barca today – we need to bring them back to ensure we will have a very competitive project.”

But Guardiola, who began his coaching career at Camp Nou, winning 14 major trophies between 2008 and 2012, including three La Liga titles and two Champions League crowns, says he won’t be going back to Barca but instead wants to extend his stay at the Etihad Stadium, by overseeing a successful 2020-21 campaign.

ALSO READ:  PSG striker, Kylian Mbappe pictured hugging France team-mates in training hours before testing positive for coronavirus (photos)

“My period as Barcelona manager is over. I think once in a lifetime you have to do things,” Guardiola said at Bramall Lane on Saturday afternoon.

“There are incredible people who can be in charge there, now for example Ronald Koeman. It’s over, I will come back to my city to see my club, to watch the game, it’s done.”

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Health & Fitness

Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez suffers fractured skull after head clash with David Luis in Arsenal game; undergoes surgery

Published

on

Sponsored

Wolves have confirmed that striker Raul Jimenez suffered a fractured skull and has undergone an operation following his head clash with David Luis against Arsenal on Sunday, November 29.

 

The Mexican striker was stretchered off after the head clash with Arsenal defender David Luiz and was given oxygen after the accidental incident.

 

Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez suffers fractured skull after head clash with David Luis in Arsenal game; undergoes surgery

 

The clash of heads occurred early in the match and resulted in a lengthy delay of around 10 minutes as paramedics and medical staff saw to both players.

ALSO READ:  Manchester United left-back, Alex Telles tests positive for coronavirus for a second time while on International duty for Brazil

 

Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez suffers fractured skull after head clash with David Luis in Arsenal game; undergoes surgery

 

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 7:27pm today (29 November) to reports of a person injured at Emirates Stadium on Queensland Road, Holloway.

 

“We sent an ambulance crew, an advanced paramedic, an incident response officer and a medic in car to the scene. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.

Sponsored
ALSO READ:  Legendary Spain and Real Madrid keeper, Iker Casillas announces his retirement from football 14 months after suffering a heart attack

 

“We treated a man at the scene and took him to a major trauma centre.”

 

The 29-year-old was taken to a London hospital, where he was conscious and responding to treatment.

 

In a statement on Monday, Wolves said: “Raul is comfortable following an operation last night, which he underwent in a London hospital.

 

“He has since seen his partner Daniela and is now resting. He will remain under observation for a few days while he begins his recovery.

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi returns to training with Barcelona for the first time since asking to leave the club (Photos)

 

“The club would like to thank the medical staff at Arsenal, the NHS paramedics, hospital staff and surgeons who, through their skill and early response, were of such help.

 

“The club ask that Raul and his family are now afforded a period of space and privacy, before any further updates are provided in due course.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Celebrity

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his £80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

Published

on

Sponsored

Aston Villa captain and England footballer, Jack Grealish has pled guilty to two charges of careless driving, including one offence in connection with a car crash during the Coronavirus lockdown in March in the UK.

 

Back in March, the Aston Villa captain crashed his £80k Range Rover into a parked car in Dickens heath before leaving the scene.

It is believed he spent the night at a luxury flat, believed to belong to former teammate Ross McCormack.

ALSO READ:  Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes

Reports say he attended a party.

 

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his ?80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

 

Grealish was photographed at the scene looking confused wearing a pair of white slippers and a blue Givenchy hoodie.

 

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his ?80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

 

The incident happened barely 24 hours after he posted a social media video asking people to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.

Sponsored

 

After the news of the crash went viral, Grealish issued a video message on Twitter in which he said he was “deeply embarrassed”.

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi returns to training with Barcelona for the first time since asking to leave the club (Photos)

 

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his ?80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

 

In the message, he said he had “stupidly agreed” to go to a friend’s house.

 

In court today, October 24 at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court Grealish admitted to one offence in connection with a collision involving his £80,000 Range Rover on March 29, while the second charge involved careless driving relating to allegations he drove without due care anud attention on the M42, in October.

 

But he denied two other charges of failing to stop and failing to report the incident, which occurred a matter of days into the first UK Covid-19 lockdown.

ALSO READ:  Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi joins Danish Superliga side, SonderjyskE (photos)

 

Since the Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence in court regarding the two other charges Grealish denied, the charges were dismissed by the judge.

 

Grealish’s trial this afternoon proceeded in his absence as his plea was entered through his lawyer.

 

He is now set to face a driving ban.

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

‘Messi told me he was screwed when I rejected Barca’- Antoine Griezmann

Published

on

Sponsored

Barcelona and France striker, Antonie Griezmann has revealed that his initial decision to reject a transfer to Barcelona in 2018 angered superstar footballer, Lionel Messi.

 

Despite recent controversies painting a negative relationship between Messi amd Griezmann, Messi spoke positively about Griezmann joining the club in 2018, and the Frenchman has admitted the pair had a long conversation when he eventually joined the club.

“When I signed for the club I asked for forgiveness for delaying the move and saying I wouldn’t join Barcelona,” Griezmann told Jorge Valdano on the latest edition of Universo Valdano. “I told Lionel Messi that I would give everything on the pitch for the club.

ALSO READ:  PSG striker, Kylian Mbappe pictured hugging France team-mates in training hours before testing positive for coronavirus (photos)

 

“I spoke with Leo when I arrived and he told me that when I turned down the first chance to go, he was screwed because he had asked for it publicly, but he told me he was with me and I notice it every day.“

 

Griezmann’s former agent Eric Olhats and uncle Emmanuel Lopes have caused controversy by saying Griezmann has a negative relationship with Messi but the striker says he has no relationship with both men .

ALSO READ:  American coach Randy Waldrum named as new manager of Super Falcons
Sponsored

“He (Olhats) was very important in my life but I don’t have a relationship with him anymore,” Griezmann said.

“I stopped having any relationship with him since the day I got married. I invited him to the wedding day, and he didn’t come. That’s why I stopped having a relationship with him.

“My uncle doesn’t know how football works. And in the end, the journalist ended up getting the statement out of him. I told Leo that I never speak to them, in fact, I don’t even have my uncle’s phone number.

ALSO READ:  Manchester United left-back, Alex Telles tests positive for coronavirus for a second time while on International duty for Brazil

“My parents don’t talk to Eric either, so who is going to talk to him? He can do a lot of damage, and create problems in the dressing room.”

 

Barcelona are struggling in La Liga, where they sit in 13th in the table – 12 points behind leaders Real Sociedad, albeit with two games in hand.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell