Connect with us

Vogue

‘Most young people are high on drugs all the time. They go to social media to do all sorts of things’ – Lagos lawmaker, Mojisola Alli-Macaulay says (video)

Published

on

Sponsored

A member of the Lagos state House of Assembly, Mojisola Alli-Macaulay, has called for the reorientation of Nigerian youths. According to her, most young people in the country are ‘high on drugs at all times”.

 

The lawmaker who represents Amuwo Odofin 1 constituency, said this while making her submission during the house’s deliberation on the crisis that rocked the state last week after hoodlums hijacked the #EndSARS protest and carried out wanton destruction of properties and killings.

ALSO READ:  NIDCOM denies reports claiming staff of the Nigerian embassy in Switzerland called the police on Nigerian citizens

 

She averred that young people now go on social media to do all sorts of things.

In her words;

”Look at the children these days. The youths. I like your submission Mr Speaker that it is not unemployment that should be the bane or the reason why youths will come out and misbehave.

There are unemployment in so many countries of the world, even in the United  States. I schooled in the UK and I saw a lot of young people who were not employed but they didn’t become hoodlums. Why can’t we look inwards and look for solutions to our problems. Why can’t young people look within themselves, look for their talents.

Sponsored

Even as graduates, what stops you from becoming a designer or a professional tiler?

There is no excuse for being a hoodlum.

I think it’s about time that the National Orientation Agency needs to set to work. We need to begin to orientate our young people. They need people who can talk to them from time to time.

They are high on drugs most of the time, most of them. They go to social media, they do all sorts of things.”

 

Watch the video below

 

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vogue

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Published

on

Sponsored

Romain Grosjean, 34, has shared multiple updates from the hospital after he miraculously survived a horror crash that broke his car in half and saw it go up in flames while he was still in it.

 

The Haas-Ferrari driver said from the hospital that he is “loving life” after suffering only burns in Sunday’s horror Formula One crash.

ALSO READ:  Protect yourselves against attacks- IGP tells police

 

His car crashed into a barrier early on during the Bahrain Grand Prix and his vehicle subsequently exploded into a fireball.

 

Viewers were stunned to see the French-Swiss veteran walk away from the wreckage seemingly injury free after race stewards quickly intervened with a fire extinguisher.

 

It was later revealed that Grosjean would need to stay in hospital overnight to be treated for burns on his hands.

ALSO READ:  Update: Judge allows Derek Chauvin to live outside of Minnesota as he awaits trial in the death of George Floyd

 

With large bandages visible in his latest update on Instagram, the driver wrote: “Thank you so much for all your messages. Loving life.”

Sponsored

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

 

In an initial post, he said: “Hello everyone, I just wanted to say I am OK – well, sort of OK.

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: It's shocking there is no emergency meeting in the senate or the preseidency''- Femi Kuti

 

“Thank you very much for all the messages. I wasn’t for the halo some years ago, but I think it’s the greatest thing that we’ve brought to Formula 1.

 

“Without it I wouldn’t be able to speak with you today.”

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

Published

on

Sponsored

A 3-year-old girl has been found safe and reunited with her mother after she went missing for six hours in Diobu area of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

 

The Commander of Diobu Vigilante group, Godstime Ihunwo, who confirmed the incident on Sunday, November 29, said that the child went missing due to the ”carelessness” of her mother.

ALSO READ:  Update: Judge allows Derek Chauvin to live outside of Minnesota as he awaits trial in the death of George Floyd
Sponsored

 

“Thanks b 2 God almighty as me & my boys in conjunction with 3 God-fearing & kind hearted men, whom out of their efforts made our job easier in rescuing one Miss Chinaza Ikpe, a 3 years old girl child that went missing 6 hours ago, at about 1pm 2day 29/11/2020, just bcs of d carelessness of her mother Mrs Chinasa. d Child has been handed over 2 d mother by me COMR. GODSTIME W. IHUNWO, d C.S.O./Commander Diobu Vigilante, RUMUELECHI COMMUNITY M/3 UNIT” he said.

ALSO READ:  Nigerian man escapes death penalty as Singapore's Court of Appeal in rare reversal acquits him of drug trafficking 10 years after his arrest

 

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Niger workers to resume suspended strike action on Tuesday

Published

on

Sponsored

Workers in Niger state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), have disclosed that they will be resuming their suspended indefinite strike action over the decision of the State Government to pay the November salaries of civil servants on a percentage basis.

 

Leaders of the organized labour in the state said the strike will resume on Tuesday, 1st December 2020 should the government fails to address their grievances.

ALSO READ:  Protect yourselves against attacks- IGP tells police

 

The NLC disclosed this in a letter addressed to Governor Dani Bello through the Niger Head of Service and signed by NLC Chairman, Comrade Yakubu Garba and TUC Chairman, Comrade Tanimu Yunusa.

 

It read;

 

“We write on behalf of the State Executive Council (SEC) of Niger State Organised Labour to convey to your esteemed office the harmonized position of the affiliate unions as follows:

Sponsored

“That Niger State Government should refund the slashed June 2020 2020 salaries to desirable civil servants latest Tuesday, 1st December.

“That the discussion on payment of outstanding October 2020 salaries of local government workers must be conclusive on or before Tuesday, December 1, 2020.

“That the proposal by Niger State Government to pay November 2020 salaries of LGAs and state workers on a percentage basis is unacceptable and vehemently rejected.

“That failure of the government to address issues 1, 2 and 3 above, the Organized Labour will be left with no other option than to resume the earlier suspended indefinite strike action effective midnight of
Tuesday, December 1, 2020.”

 

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell