Connect with us

Vogue

Mompha regains his freedom, drops N5m suit against EFCC

Published

on

Sponsored

 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC today August 26, release internet celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha alias Mompha, about two weeks after he was re-arrested by the anti-graft agency in Lagos.

 

LIB had earlier reported that Mompha was re-arrested on Friday, August 14 when he went to the EFCC office in Ikoyi, Lagos to reclaim his five wristwatches, one Apple Air pod, one iPhone 8 mobile phone and one pair of sunglasses, seized by the EFCC operatives last October. Following an application by his lawyer, Gboyega Oyewole (SAN), Justice Mohammed Liman had on July 24 ordered the EFCC to release the items to Mompha.

ALSO READ:  A side chic is a glorified prostitute - Eucharia Anunobi
Sponsored

 

Mompha had gone to the EFCC to pick up his item and had barely left the EFCC premises when the operatives accosted him and took him into custody. EFCC spokesperson, Dele Oyewale, said Mompha’s re-arrest was connected to a fresh set of cyber fraud charges.

ALSO READ:  TikTok sues U.S government over Trump ban

 

Confirming his release, his lawyer, Gboyega Oyewole (SAN), said Mompha has also withdrawn the N5 million fundamental rights suit he filed against the EFCC to challenge his re-arrest.

ALSO READ:  Pregnant woman jumps into water to rescue husband from shark attack in Florida

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vogue

Donald Trump slams Meghan Markle and wishes Prince Harry luck ‘because he’ll need it’

Published

on

Sponsored

 

US President, Donald Trump, has launched an attack on Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, insisting he is “not a fan” .

 

Meghan and husband Prince Harry stepped down as senior royals at the start of this year in a dramatic decision that rocked Buckingham palace.

 

They have since relocated to Los Angeles where they hope to earn a living from Hollywood.

ALSO READ:  TikTok sues U.S government over Trump ban

 

Donald Trump slams Meghan Markle and wishes Prince Harry luck

 

Meghan and Prince Harry have recently been encouraging Americans to vote, seemingly in support of Trump’s rival Joe Biden.

 

Harry and Meghan recently shared a video on social media urging people to vote.

Sponsored

 

Prince Harry said: “As we approach this November, it’s vital that we reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity.”

 

Many believe his comments were targeted towards Trump, who has often come under fire for his comments about minority ethnic groups.

ALSO READ:  A side chic is a glorified prostitute - Eucharia Anunobi

 

Meghan, who sat next to him, said: “We’re six weeks out from the election, and today is Voter Registration Day.

Every four years, we’re told the same thing, ‘This is the most important election of our lifetime.’ But this one is. When we vote, our values are put into action, and our voices are heard.'”

ALSO READ:  Pregnant woman jumps into water to rescue husband from shark attack in Florida

 

But when asked by the DailyMail about the pair’s comments, Trump said: “I’m not a fan of hers.

“I would say this – and she has probably has heard that – I wish a lot of luck to Harry because he’s going to need it.”

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Cocaine worth up to £100 million found hidden within fruit shipments at Dover port (photos)

Published

on

Sponsored

Authorities have discovered a ton of cocaine concealed within shipments of fruit at Dover port, England.

 

The class A drugs, which reportedly have a street value of approximately £100 million, were discovered in pallets that had arrived into the Port of Dover on a vessel from South America on Tuesday September 22.

 

The ‘huge seizure’ will now take away a ‘valuable commodity that would have been sold to fund further serious and organised criminality’, the National Crime Agency (NCA) said.

 

Cocaine worth up to ?100 million found hidden within fruit shipments at Dover port  (photos)

 

Two men have been arrested on suspicion of importing class A drugs following a joint operation by the NCA and Police Scotland Organised Crime Partnership.

ALSO READ:  ‘Reduce your sex rounds’- top Ghanaian police officer advises his colleagues ahead of the 2020 general elections

 

The 40-year-old from Brentwood, Essex, and the 64-year-old from central Glasgow were questioned before they were later released under investigation.

 

NCA director of investigations Nikki Holland said: ‘This is a huge seizure of class A drugs, made as a result of some excellent joint working between the NCA and Police Scotland under the Organised Crime Partnership (Scotland), and our Border Force colleagues.

‘This operation has prevented a large amount of cocaine from making it on to our streets, we estimate that once adulterated and sold it could have had a street value of up to £100 million.

ALSO READ:  Cocaine worth up to £100 million found hidden within fruit shipments at Dover port (photos)
Sponsored

‘So in making this seizure we have taken away a valuable commodity that would have been sold to fund further serious and organised criminality.

‘Our investigation into this attempted importation is continuing.’

 

Cocaine worth up to ?100 million found hidden within fruit shipments at Dover port  (photos)

 

Angela McLaren, assistant chief constable of organised crime, counter-terrorism, and intelligence also said: ‘This seizure is undoubtedly a massive setback for serious and organised criminals.

ALSO READ:  TikTok sues U.S government over Trump ban

 

‘This operation and our other recent successes underline our unwavering commitment to working with partners, including the NCA, Border Force and SOC Taskforce, to disrupt this sort of criminality.’

 

‘Working together we will relentlessly pursue those who seek to bring misery to our communities whether they are in Scotland or elsewhere in the world.’

 

Searches have been carried out in Glasgow and Essex as the investigation continues, the NCA said.

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Farouq reportedly weds Chief Of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar

Published

on

Sponsored

 

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has married the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq.

 

DailyTrust reports that the wedding Fatiha between the two top government officials, held last Friday, September 18, 2020, at the Maitama Juma’a Mosque in Abuja.

ALSO READ:  ‘Reduce your sex rounds’- top Ghanaian police officer advises his colleagues ahead of the 2020 general elections

 

“It is true that the chief of air staff and the humanitarian affairs minister have gotten married. Very few people were invited to attend the wedding fatiha because the couple and those close to them didn’t want to publicize the issue” a source told DailyTrust

Sponsored

Another source said the two have been in love for some time.

“They have been in a relationship for a while and what happened on Friday has put to rest all the speculations about her relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari,” he said

 

Hajia Farouq made news in October last year when it was widely speculated that she was set to wed President Buhari. The Presidency released a statement dismissing the report.

Sponsored

Continue Reading