Connect with us

Crime

Man charged with killing and dismembering his girlfriend in Kentucky

Published

on

Sponsored

A Kentucky man has been charged in connection with the gruesome murder of his girlfriend who was dismembered before her body parts were hauled in suitcases all the way to south suburban Markham.

 

Police said Melvin Martin Jr., 30, who was initially charged as a fugitive took his girlfriend’s remains on a Greyhound bus to visit family in Markham, traveling more than five hours with the body parts to the Chicago Greyhound station at 630 W. Harrison St.

ALSO READ:  Anambra Police confirm attack on police formations, killing of DPO and station officer by hoodlums (graphic photos)

 

Markham spokesman, Michael Taylor said in a statement that Martin was arrested on Monday at the Markham Public Library after curious family members made the discovery.

 

The spokesman said some parts of the woman’s body were found in Illinois, while the other half was found in Kentucky.

 

‘A severed head and other body parts were found in the bags, while police in Kentucky found the woman’s torso,’ he said.

ALSO READ:  Policeman dies during fight with soldiers in Rivers state
Sponsored

 

‘Martin had been staying with family for about a week, and family members became curious after he asked them on at least two occasions to purchase clothing for him despite arriving on a Greyhound bus in Chicago toting the bags’.

 

‘Martin eventually moved the two bags to the home’s garage, and the family made the discovery after Martin had left for the library,’ Taylor added.

 

Detectives believe the girlfriend was killed at least 30 days ago with Markham Police Chief Terry White saying the woman’s death could be the result of a domestic dispute that occurred about a month ago.

ALSO READ:  Rapper, Fivio Foreign arrested for allegedly assaulting his pregnant girlfriend

 

When asked by police why he brought his girlfriend’s remains to Illinois, Martin Jr. delivered a shocking reply.

 

“He indicated that, as grotesque as it might sound, that he still wanted to be with at least part of her,” said Markham police Chief.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Hoodlums cart away food items stored inside a church in Ogun (video)

Published

on

Sponsored

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

Published

on

Sponsored

The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested ten suspects who took advantage of the #EndSARS protests to carry out wanten desctruction and looting of government and private properties in the state.

 

Briefing newsmen on Friday, October 23, at the command Headquarters in Ikot Akpan Abia, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Amiegheme Andrew said that the Command also recovered stolen properties worth millions of naira

 

#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

 

“It is with a heart full of pains that I address you today. The events of the last 24 hours has given me and every concerned Akwa Ibomite a great course for concern. As the lead Agency in internal security, we have great respect for peaceful protest and we have acted professionally during its progression in the State,” he said.

ALSO READ:  Employer cries for help as his technician is kidnapped and the abductors have threatened to kill him after allegedly killing four others for not paying ransom

“However, yesterday, some youths with evil intentions in the guise of # ENDSARS went about vandalizing, looting and burning some Government and private property including the Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation (AKBC), Anchor Insurance, De Choice Shopping Mall, L.G showroom, and Access Bank Plc,”

 

#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

 

“I have visited all the said places today with my Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, DCP Auwal M. Mohammad, and have made an on-the-spot assessment of damages done.
I commend the State Government’s timely intervention through the imposition of curfew as I today went round to ensure strict compliance, and we will continue to do so.

“Gentlemen of the press, am however delighted to inform you that our quick deployment of Anti-Riot Policemen in conjunction with the efforts of sister security agencies such as the Army and DSS, and the efforts of the State Government has restored normalcy in Uyo and the State in general.

ALSO READ:  10 suspected internet fraudsters arrested in Oyo (photo)
Sponsored

However, the Command’s efforts have yielded positive results leading to the arrest of the following persons:

I. Victor Udoeka Effiong ‘m’
ii. Emediong Michael James ‘f’
iii. Imedimfon Ime James ‘m’
iv. Isaac John Udoh ‘m’
v. Sunday Michael James ‘m’
vi. Wisdom Godswill Reuben ‘m’
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
viii. Akaninyene Abraham Livinus ‘m’
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo ‘m’,

 

The Command also recovered fourteen Deep Freezers, six Refrigerators, eight flat Screen Televisions.

ALSO READ:  Anambra Police confirm attack on police formations, killing of DPO and station officer by hoodlums (graphic photos)

 

Others are:

 

Four (4) water dispensers,
Sixteen (16) bags of rice,
Four (4) Air conditions,
Three ( 3 ) Gas Cookers,
A printer, Tables, chairs, and other items

 

The CP further said: “The Command will stop at nothing in ensuring that all the looted items are recovered. Lastly, while I thank the good people of the State for their peaceful disposition and continued partnership, I wish to call on the perpetrators of these dastardly acts to desist forthwith and toe the part of peace, or be willing to bear the full weight of the law, as the Command under my watch will not allow anyone to derail the peaceful nature of the State henceforth.”

 

#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Crime

Former NFL player, Dana Stubblefield sentenced to 15 years to life for raping a disabled woman

Published

on

Sponsored

Former San Francisco 49ers player, Dana Stubblefield has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for the 2015 rape of a developmentally disabled woman.

 

The Santa Clara District Attorney’s Office said in a statement the 49-year-old was sentenced on Thursday, October 22, by a judge in San Jose after denying a defense motion for a new trial.

 

He was convicted in July following a nine-month trial after a jury found him guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force, and false imprisonment after having lured the woman to his home with the promise of babysitting work. The jury also found that he used a gun in the assault.

ALSO READ:  122 primary school teachers sacked by Plateau state government

 

A day before the April 2015 assault, Stubblefield contacted the then 31-year-old woman on a baby-sitting website and arranged an interview, prosecutors said.

 

The Morgan Hill Police Department said the woman’s interview lasted about 20 minutes. She later received a text from Stubblefield saying he wanted to pay her for her time that day, and she went back to the house.

 

After raping her, Stubblefield gave her $80 and let her go. But on her way home, the woman immediately went to the police and reported the rape, the report said.

Sponsored

 

ALSO READ:  Policeman dies during fight with soldiers in Rivers state

“‘No’ meant nothing to this defendant,” said Deputy District Attorney Tim McInerny. “Based on his status, I think he was never held accountable for prior criminal behavior. Today, he was properly held accountable.”

 

Stubblefield’s attorney, Allen Sawyer disagreed with the jury’s finding, saying: “We are as adamant as ever that Mr. Stubblefield is innocent,” he told CNN.

 

He believes the victim is not intellectually disabled and says the evidence to prove it was excluded from the trial.

 

Sawyer also disclosed he will file an appeal with the hope of ‘reintroducing excluded evidence, arguing additionally that holding a trial during a pandemic created an atmosphere that unduly impacted the jurors’ decision.

ALSO READ:  Photos from the arrest of illegal tax collectors in Cross River state

 

Stubblefield played in the NFL as a defensive tackle starting in 1993, when he won NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year with the 49ers. He also played for Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders but retired due to an injury shortly after being signed by the New England Patriots in 2004.

 

He won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in 1997, made three All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams, and he won a Super Bowl ring with the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

php shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort