Connect with us

Sports

Luis Suarez reveals what will make Lionel Messi remain at Barcelona

Published

on

Sponsored

Former Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez has revealed what will make Lionel Messi remain a Barcelona player beyond this season.

 

Messi nearly left Barcelona in the summer, telling the club he wanted to activate a release clause in his contract, before changing his mind in order to avoid a potential legal fight against the club.

 

The 33-year-old’s contract expires at the end of the current season and Suarez says he believes that Lionel Messi will stay at Barcelona if the club brings in a new board, which would include replacing current president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

ALSO READ:  Manchester City now in pole position to sign Lionel Messi if he can navigate his contract with Barcelona

 

According to Suarez, Messi believes Bartomeu has failed to build a winning team.

 

Suarez was shipped out of Barcelona last month when he joined Atletico Madrid.

“Out of respect for the relationship I have with Leo, I’m not going to say what we talked about at the time, but he lived through a difficult and complicated situation,” Suarez told ESPN.

Sponsored

“He wanted to leave and the club did not want him to. I tried to support him, take care of him and distract him a little.”

ALSO READ:  Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes

 

Suarez believes that part of the reason Barca wanted to see him leave was because he had grown too close to Messi.

“I think they wanted to get me away from Messi’s side, perhaps it bothered them that I have a good relationship with Leo,” he said. “Maybe they wanted him not to be with me so much.”

“That Messi wanted to leave Barcelona was not a gesture towards me. They should have respected his decision to leave,” Suarez added.

ALSO READ:  Barcelona fire Eric Abidal as sporting director after Quique Setien sacking

“There may be the possibility that Messi plays for another club, but if he feels comfortable, happy again and another board arrives, he will want to continue at the club,” Suarez said.

“As a friend, I’ll be happy if he does well there and if he has to go to another club, I’ll be happy too.”

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Victor Osimhen receives first red card of his football career

Published

on

Sponsored

Victor Osimhen on Thursday night, October 29, received the first red card of his football career in Napoli’s 1-0 win over Real Sociedad in the Europa League.

 

The Nigerian striker who joined the Serie A Club from Lille this summer was shown the way out by referee Craig Pawson in the third minute of added time after receiving two yellow cards.

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo fail to make UEFA's Champions League positional awards shortlist for the first time

 

Victor Osimhen receives first red card of his football career

Sponsored

 

Osimhen who replaced Italian forward Andrea Petagna in the second half, received his first yellow card in the 81st minute before he was given a red card 12 minutes later after elbowing Robin Le Normand while trying to control David Ospina’s goal kick.

ALSO READ:  Super Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi joins Danish Superliga side, SonderjyskE (photos)

 

Osimhen, 21, is expected to miss Napoli’s trip to Stadion Kantrida to play HNK Rijeka on November 5.

 

ALSO READ:  New Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman insists he has a good relationship with Lionel Messi

by Linda

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

AFCON 2022: NFF releases Super Eagles squad list for Sierra Leone clash

Published

on

Sponsored

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Thursday, October 29th announced a 24-man Super Eagles squad that will face Sierra Leone for the 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against Sierra Leone.

 

According to the squad list, striker Victor Oshimen is back in action for Nigeria after missing out on this month’s friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia.

 

Seven players including defender Abdullahi Shehu, goalkeeper Francis Uzoho, midfielders Ramon Azeez and Samson Tijani, and forward Paul Onuachu are on standby for the games.

ALSO READ:  Manchester City now in pole position to sign Lionel Messi if he can navigate his contract with Barcelona

 

In a statement from the Nigeria Football Federation’s spokesperson, Ademola Olajire, he said the Super Eagles take on the Leone Stars at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City on Friday, 13th November before flying to Freetown for the return game on Tuesday, 17th November at the Siaka Stevens Stadium.

 

He also said that players are expected to report at the Protea Hotel Emotan in Benin City on Monday, November 9th.

 

See the full squad list below. 

Sponsored

 

Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Sebastian Osigwe (FC Lugano, Switzerland); Maduka Okoye (Sparta Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

ALSO READ:  Super Eagles midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo joins Galatasaray on loan from Stoke City

 

Defenders: Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Leon Balogun (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Chidozie Awaziem (FC Boavista, Portugal); William Ekong (Watford FC, England); Olaoluwa Aina (Fulham FC, England); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Kevin Akpoguma (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, Germany)

 

Midfielders: Oghenekaro Etebo (Galatasaray, Turkey); Tyronne Ebuehi (FC Twente, Netherlands); Frank Onyeka (FC Midtjylland, Denmark); Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland)

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi returns to training with Barcelona for the first time since asking to leave the club (Photos)

 

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Unattached); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure (Club Brugge, Belgium); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Victor Osimhen (Napoli FC, Italy); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Chidera Ejuke (CSKA Moscow, Russia)

 

Standby: Francis Uzoho (APOEL Nicosia, Cyprus); Samson Tijani (TSV Hartberg, Austria); Abdullahi Shehu (Omonia Nicosia, Cyprus); Ramon Azeez (Granada CF, Spain); Kelechi Nwakali (SD Huesca, Spain); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Heartland FC); Paul Onuachu (KRC Genk, Belgium).

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Former Juventus and Italy boss Marcello Lippi announces coaching retirement

Published

on

Sponsored

Former Italy, Juventus, China and World Cup-winning boss Marcello Lippi has retired from coaching.

 

Lippi, 72, has been unemployed since resigning as China head coach in November last year following a 2022 World Cup qualifying defeat to Syria.

 

He lasted just six months in the job, his second time coaching China’s team.

 

After spells with Atalanta and Napoli, Lippi took charge of Juventus in 1994 helping them to three Serie A titles and the club’s last Champions League trophy in 1995-96.

ALSO READ:  Manchester City confirm signing of defender Nathan Ake from Bournemouth in a £41m deal (photos)

 

Across two stints as Juve coach, and a one-year reign with rivals Inter, Lippi won five Serie A trophies, four Supercoppa Italiana crowns, the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup and Coppa Italia.

 

After leaving Juventus in 2004, Lippi helped Italy to World Cup glory in 2006 and he was re-appointed by the Azzurri in 2008 following two years away from the national team.

 

Former Juventus and Italy boss Marcello Lippi announces coaching retirement

Sponsored

 

The legendary coach now says he won’t coach again.

“I’m definitely done with the coaching job,” Lippi told Radio Sportiva .
“That’s right, it’s enough. Maybe I could be useful in other roles, let’s see. But nothing until spring.”

ALSO READ:  Barcelona fire Eric Abidal as sporting director after Quique Setien sacking

In China, Lippi joined Guangzhou Evergrande in 2012 and claimed three Chinese Super League titles and the AFC Champions League trophy to go with Chinese FA Cup and Chinese FA Super Cup success.

 

But Lippi didn’t have any success with China’s national team and announced his resignation in November last year after a shocking loss to Syria.

“A team should give everything on the pitch. The tactics of the head coach should be carried out. If the player is afraid of losing the game, then there is no fighting spirit, desire, guts,” Lippi said post-match.

ALSO READ:  Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes

“It is my responsibility, the head coach’s responsibility, although we defeated Guam and the Maldives, but the team that we played against today was better, more coordinated and organised than us.

“My annual salary is very high. I am fully responsible for this loss. Now I declare that I officially resigned.”

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

online online php shell online

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort