Connect with us

Sports

Lionel Messi’s father ‘is already in England negotiating a two-year deal with Manchester City’ after the Argentine star told Barcelona he wants out

Published

on

Sponsored

England discussing terms with Manchester City for the Argentine playmaker.

 

This comes a day after the six-time Ballon d’Or winner informed the club that he does not want to continue under new coach Ronald Koeman following Barcelona’s embarrassing 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League and disappointing season in Spain which resulted in no trophies.

 

According to RAC1 and TyC Sports, Jorge Messi has already touched down in Manchester to discuss terms with the Premier League side.

ALSO READ:  Barcelona officially sack Quique Setien after Bayern Munich humiliation with Ronald Koeman set to replace him

 

The reports say that the player’s father who is also his agent is discussing a two-year deal with City, despite a reported disagreement between Barcelona and Lionel Messi over his £630million release clause at the club.

 

Lionel Messi

Sponsored

 

Before Messi made his decision to leave the club, he held crunch talks with new coach Ronald Koeman following the Dutchman’s appointment as Quique Setien’s replacement last week.

ALSO READ:  PSG striker, Kylian Mbappe pictured hugging France team-mates in training hours before testing positive for coronavirus (photos)

 

In their discussions, Messi made his decision clear to leave the club while the new manager told him his “privileges” were over.

 

Messi, whose deal runs out in 2021, believes a clause in his contract means he can leave as a free agent this summer. But Barcelona are insisting that the clause expired in June, which would mean either Messi or City would have to pay his £630million release clause at the club.

ALSO READ:  Manchester City players, Aymeric Laporte and Riyad Mahrez test positive for COVID-19

 

A move to Manchester City would see Messi reunite with ex-Barcelona coach Guardiola in England.

 

During his illustrious playing career at the Camp Nou, Messi won an astonishing 10 La Liga titles, six Copa del Reys, seven Spanish Super Cups, and four Champions League.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Liverpool midfielder, Thiago Alcantara tests positive for Coronavirus

Published

on

By

Sponsored

Liverpool midfielder, Thiago Alcantara has tested positive for coronavirus and is self-isolating, the club confirmed on Tuesday.

 

The 29-year-old Spaniard only joined Liverpool from Bayern Munich last month in a deal worth up to £25m, and made his debut for the Premier League champions in a 2-0 win at Chelsea on September 20.

ALSO READ:  Neymar and four other players banned over PSG brawl as LFP investigates racism allegations

 

He was a surprise absentee from Liverpool’s squad that faced Arsenal in Monday night’s 3-1 victory, but his omission has now been explained.

 

Liverpool released a statement via the club’s official Twitter account confirming his diagnosis: “Thiago Alcantara has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently self-isolating according to the necessary guidelines.”

Sponsored

 

ALSO READ:  Juventus name club legend Andrea Pirlo as new coach after Maurizio Sarri sacking

“The 29-year-old, who missed Monday’s match against Arsenal, has exhibited minor symptoms of the virus but is in good health and is getting better.”

 

“The club has, and will continue to follow, all protocols relating to COVID-19 and Thiago will remain in self-isolation for the required period of time.”

 

LFC first-team doctor, Dr Jim Moxon, added: “It is the choice of each individual whether they reveal publicly the outcome of a COVID-19 test.

ALSO READ:  Shambolic Barcelona thrashed 8-2 by Bayern Munich

 

“We have followed all the protocols to the letter and Thiago is OK. He will be self-isolating now as per the guidelines and hopefully he’ll be back with us soon.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes

Published

on

Sponsored

Chelsea have completed the signing of goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Ligue 1 outfit Rennes in a £22m deal.

 

The Senegalese international, 28, has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge and is expected to become Chelsea’s No 1 ahead of Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero.

 

After signing his long-term contract with the Blues, Mendy said: ‘I am so excited to be joining Chelsea. It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff. I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started.’

Sponsored
ALSO READ:  PSG 0-1 Bayern : Bayern Munich wins the 2019/2020 UEFA Champions League (photos)

 

On signing Mendy, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in. Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club.’

 

ALSO READ:  Bayern 4-1 Chelsea (7-1 agg): German champions run riot in one sided affair (UEFA Champions League)

Edouard Mendy becomes Chelsea’s seventh signing after the arrival of Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) Malang Sarr (Nice) Ben Chilwell (Leicester) Thiago Silva (PSG), Timo Werner ( RB Leipzig ), and Kai Havertz ( Bayern Leverkusen).

ALSO READ:  Barcelona officially sack Quique Setien after Bayern Munich humiliation with Ronald Koeman set to replace him

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Wolves complete ‘£37m’ signing of Portuguese right-back, Nelson Semedo from Barcelona

Published

on

Sponsored

Wolves have completed the signing of Barcelona right-back Nelson Semedo for a club-record fee that could rise to £37million.

 

The Premier League club announced the deal on Twitter on Wednesday September 23, that the 26-year-old Portuguese defender has signed a deal that will keep him at Molineux until June 2023, with an option to extend it to June 2025.

 

Speaking to the club’s official website after the move was completed, Semedo said: ‘I chose Wolves because it’s a very good team that plays very good football. Last year they did a very good season and it’s a very important team in England, in also Europe. I hope this year we can do very good things.

ALSO READ:  Bayern 4-1 Chelsea (7-1 agg): German champions run riot in one sided affair (UEFA Champions League)

 

‘Coach Nuno is a very good coach. He did very good things here in Wolves, and in other teams too. For sure I’m going to learn a lot from him.

 

Wolves complete

 

‘The team did very good things the last three years. I’m ambitious and I hope this year we can do very good things, reach the top six and, if it’s possible, do something special.

ALSO READ:  Barcelona 3-1 Napoli (agg: 4-2): Messi leads Barça through
Sponsored

 

‘I’m very happy to be here. I’m excited to get started and thank you very much for your support and we’re going to enjoy it together.’

 

Wolves executive chairman Jeff Shi said: “‘Progressive at heart’ is one of our core values at Wolves. For a member of staff, for a player, for the whole club, we are all making great efforts to progress continuously.

 

“It’s isn’t often that we have the opportunity to sign a world-class player from a world-class club. Nelson’s signing shows we will never stop progressing and we are still hungry and humble in our heart.”

ALSO READ:  PSG 0-1 Bayern : Bayern Munich wins the 2019/2020 UEFA Champions League (photos)

 

Semedo’s arrival takes Wolves’ summer spending to the £84m mark, after the arrivals of Fabio Silva, Fernando Marcal, Vitor Ferreira and Ki-Jana Hoever.

 

At Barcelona, he won two La Liga titles and the Cope del Rey following his move to Barcelona from Benfica in 2017, played 42 times for Barcelona last season.

Sponsored

Continue Reading