Barcelona striker, Lionel Messi has been unveiled as the highest-rated player in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team ahead of the game’s release date in October
The 33-year-old Argentine superstar was awarded a 93 rating ahead of his arch-rival Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Lewandowski. Ronaldo was awarded 92 while Lewandowski was rated 91.
Here is the FIFA 21 top 100 highest-rated players list in full, as confirmed by EA SPORTS.
- Lionel Messi, Barcelona (93)
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Juventus (92)
- Robert Lewandowski, Bayern Munich (91)
- Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester City (91)
- Neymar Jr., Paris Saint-Germain (91)
- Jan Oblak, Atletico de Madrid (91)
- Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool (90)
- Kylian Mbappé, Paris Saint-Germain (90)
- Mohamed Salah, Liverpool (90)
- Sadio Mané, Liverpool (90)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen, FC Barcelona (90)
- Alisson Becker, Liverpool (90)
- Sergio Aguero, Manchester City (89)
- Sergio Ramos, Real Madrid (89)
- Karim Benzema, Real Madrid (89)
- Manuel Neuer, Bayern Munich (89)
- Thibaut Courtois, Real Madrid (89)
- Casemiro, Real Madrid (89)
- Eden Hazard, Real Madrid (88)
- Raheem Sterling, Manchester City (88)
- Samir Handanovic, Inter (88)
- Toni Kroos, Real Madrid (88)
- Kalidou Koulibaly, Napoli (88)
- Harry Kane, Tottenham (88)
- Ederson, Manchester City (88)
- Paulo Dybala, Piemonte Calcio (88)
- Joshua Kimmich, Bayern Munich (88)
- N’Golo Kante, Chelsea (88)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold, Liverpool (87)
- Giorgio Chiellini, Piemonte Calcio (87)
- Hugo Lloris, Tottenham (87)
- Luis Suarez, Barcelona (87)
- Luka Modric, Real Madrid (87)
- Angel Di Maria, Paris Saint-Germain (87)
- Wojciech Szcz?sny, Juventus (87)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal (87)
- Sergio Busquets, Barcelona (87)
- Ciro Immobile, Lazio (87)
- Keylor Navas, Paris Saint-Germain (87)
- Antoine Griezmann, Barcelona (87)
- Heung-Min Son, Tottenham (87)
- Roberto Firmino, Liverpool (87)
- Fabinho, Liverpool (87)
- Bruno Fernandes, Manchester United (87)
- Aymeric Laporte, Manchester City (87)
- Andy Robertson, Liverpool (87)
- Bernardo Silva, Manchester City (87)
- Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund (87)
- Alejandro Gomez, Atalanta (87)
- Gerard Pique, Barcelona (86)
- David Silva, Real Sociedad (86)
- Yann Sommer, Borussia Mönchengladbach (86)
- Mats Hummels, Borussia Dortmund (86)
- Jordan Henderson, Liverpool (86)
- Jordi Alba, Barcelona (86)
- Thomas Muller, Bayern Munich (86)
- David De Gea, Manchester United (86)
- Paul Pogba, Manchester United (86)
- Marco Verratti, Paris Saint-Germain (86)
- Raphael Varane, Real Madrid (86)
- Dani Carvajal, Real Madrid (86)
- Jamie Vardy, Leicester City (86)
- Thiago Silva, Chelsea (85)
- Dries Mertens, Napoli (85)
- Miralem Pjanic, Barcelona (85)
- Gini Wijnaldum, Liverpool (85)
- Diego Godin, Inter (85)
- Toby Alderweireld, Tottenham (85)
- Leonardo Bonucci, Piemonte Calcio (85)
- Péter Gulácsi, RB Leipzig (85)
- Marco Reus, Borussia Dortmund (85)
- Kyle Walker, Manchester City (85)
- Thiago Alcantara, Bayern Munich (85)
- Dani Parejo, Villarreal (85)
- Christian Eriksen, Inter (85)
- Alex Sandro, Piemonte Calcio (85)
- Romelu Lukaku, Inter (85)
- Bernd Leno, Arsenal (85)
- Koke, Atletico Madrid (85)
- Lorenzo Insigne, Napoli (85)
- Luis Alberto, Lazio (85)
- Mauro Icardi, Paris Saint-Germain (85)
- Memphis Depay, Lyon (85)
- Riyad Mahrez, Manchester City (85)
- Serge Gnabry, Bayern Munich (85)
- Marquinhos, Paris Saint-Germain (85)
- Hakim Ziyech, Chelsea (85)
- Ricardo Pereira, Leicester City (85)
- Timo Werner, Chelsea (85)
- Clement Lenglet, Barcelona (85)
- Leroy Sane, Bayern Munich (85)
- Sergej Milinkovi?-Savi?, Lazio (85)
- Frenkie De Jong, Barcelona (85)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma, AC Milan (85)
- Marcus Rashford, Manchester United (85)
- Rodri, Manchester City(85)
- Milan Skriniar, Inter (85)
- Matthijs de Ligt, Juventus(85)
- Kai Havertz, Chelsea (85)
- Erling Haaland (84)
Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes
Chelsea have completed the signing of goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Ligue 1 outfit Rennes in a £22m deal.
The Senegalese international, 28, has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge and is expected to become Chelsea’s No 1 ahead of Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero.
After signing his long-term contract with the Blues, Mendy said: ‘I am so excited to be joining Chelsea. It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff. I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started.’
On signing Mendy, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in. Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club.’
Edouard Mendy becomes Chelsea’s seventh signing after the arrival of Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) Malang Sarr (Nice) Ben Chilwell (Leicester) Thiago Silva (PSG), Timo Werner ( RB Leipzig ), and Kai Havertz ( Bayern Leverkusen).
Wolves complete ‘£37m’ signing of Portuguese right-back, Nelson Semedo from Barcelona
Wolves have completed the signing of Barcelona right-back Nelson Semedo for a club-record fee that could rise to £37million.
The Premier League club announced the deal on Twitter on Wednesday September 23, that the 26-year-old Portuguese defender has signed a deal that will keep him at Molineux until June 2023, with an option to extend it to June 2025.
Speaking to the club’s official website after the move was completed, Semedo said: ‘I chose Wolves because it’s a very good team that plays very good football. Last year they did a very good season and it’s a very important team in England, in also Europe. I hope this year we can do very good things.
‘Coach Nuno is a very good coach. He did very good things here in Wolves, and in other teams too. For sure I’m going to learn a lot from him.
‘The team did very good things the last three years. I’m ambitious and I hope this year we can do very good things, reach the top six and, if it’s possible, do something special.
‘I’m very happy to be here. I’m excited to get started and thank you very much for your support and we’re going to enjoy it together.’
Wolves executive chairman Jeff Shi said: “‘Progressive at heart’ is one of our core values at Wolves. For a member of staff, for a player, for the whole club, we are all making great efforts to progress continuously.
“It’s isn’t often that we have the opportunity to sign a world-class player from a world-class club. Nelson’s signing shows we will never stop progressing and we are still hungry and humble in our heart.”
Semedo’s arrival takes Wolves’ summer spending to the £84m mark, after the arrivals of Fabio Silva, Fernando Marcal, Vitor Ferreira and Ki-Jana Hoever.
At Barcelona, he won two La Liga titles and the Cope del Rey following his move to Barcelona from Benfica in 2017, played 42 times for Barcelona last season.
Greek-based Nigerian NBA star, Giannis Antetokounmpo wins Most Valuable Player Award for second straight season
Greek-Based Nigerian NBA star, Giannis Antetokounmpo who plays for Milwaukee Bucks basketball team in the US, has been named the Most Valuable Player Award for second straight season.
The 25-year-old star becomes the third player in league history to win MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in the same season, joining only Hall of Famers Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon. He is also the 12th player in history to win the NBA’s MVP award twice in a row.
Antetokounmpo beat out James Harden of the Houston Rockets and LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers to win the award.
Antetokounmpo earned 962 total points from a global panel of 100 sportswriters and broadcasters as well as the Kia NBA Most Valuable Player Award fan vote. Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James finished in second place with 753 points, while Houston Rockets guard James Harden finished in third place with 367 points.
Giannis Antetokounmpo was born in Greece to Nigerian parents, Charles and Veronica Antetokounmpo.