Connect with us

Sports

Lewis Hamilton makes history as he wins his seventh Formula 1 title

Published

on

Sponsored

 

Lewis Hamilton has made history with his seventh Formula 1 title win on Sunday November 15.

 

The British superstar became the most successful racing driver ever with a masterful victory in the Turkish Grand Prix, equalling Michael Schumacher’s achievement in terms of titles, after already surpassing the German’s number of race wins last month.

 

Lewis’ victory at the teacherously wet and slippery Istanbul Park track in a topsy-turvy race was the 94th of his career. The emotional driver who remains the sport’s only black driver, went on to describe what a hard journey it had been to become the most successful driver in the history of Formula One.

 

Lewis Hamilton makes history as he wins his seventh Formula 1 title

 

He expressed hope of his success as a black man in an almost exclusively white sport, becoming an act of inspiration to children everywhere.

ALSO READ:  Juventus reportedly offer ‘fed up’ Cristiano Ronaldo to Barcelona so he can play alongside Lionel Messi

 

Once out of the car, he said;

 

“To all the kids out there, dream the impossible.

“Seven is just unimaginable but when you work with such a great group of people and you really trust each other, there is just no end to what can do together.

Sponsored

“I feel like I’m only just getting started, it’s really weird.”

 

He also wrote on Instagram;

 

Leading up to today and even after I crossed the line, I’ve been gathering my thoughts about what’s most important to me. This year has been so unpredictable. With the pandemic and obviously the season being pushed back by several months, I had the most downtime I’ve ever had in my life. It gave me the chance to really think about my ultimate purpose. Seven World Championships means the world to me, I can’t even describe how much, but there’s still another race we’ve yet to win.

This year I’ve been driven not just by my desire to win on the track, but by a desire to help push our sport, and our world to become more diverse and inclusive. I promise you I am not going to stop fighting for change. We have a long way to go but I will continue to push for equality within our sport, and within the greater world we live in.

Equaling Michael Schumacher’s record puts a spotlight on me that I know won’t be here forever. So, while you’re here, paying attention, I want to ask everyone to do their part in helping to create a more equal world. Let’s be more accepting and kinder to each other. Let’s make it so that opportunity is not something that is dependent on background or skin colour.

Nothing is impossible. A driving force for me this year has been to set an example for the next generation, to never give up on your dreams. I was told by many that my dream was impossible, yet here I am. I want you to know that you can do it too. Never give up, keep fighting, and let’s keep rising to the occasion. #S7ILLRISING

 

Lewis Hamilton makes history as he wins his seventh Formula 1 title

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Ex-Arsenal youth star, Nico Yennaris changes name to Li Ke as he becomes first naturalised footballer to play for China

Published

on

Sponsored

Former Arsenal midfielder, Nico Yennaris has changed his name to Li Ke after becoming the first-ever naturalised footballer to play for China.

 

The 27-year-old who was born in the UK to a Chinese mother gave up his British passport as the world’s most populated country prohibits dual nationality.

 

Since becoming the first-ever naturalised footballer to play for China, Yennaris has made five caps for his adopted nation. He has also changed his name to Li Ke to reflects that he’s now Chinese.

 

Speaking with SunSport, Li, who plays for Beijing Guoan, said: “To be honest, I’m not sure what the name means. I was given it when I moved here.

 

Ex-Arsenal youth star, Nico Yennaris changes name to Li Ke as he becomes first naturalised footballer to play for China

 

“I didn’t actually know my name had officially changed until I arrived. It was a bit of a surprise but I’m happy and proud to have a Chinese name.

ALSO READ:  Chelsea complete £22m signing of Senegalese goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes

 

“Everyone says it’s a decent name. Li is quite a common name in China. I’m used to people calling me it now.

 

“Some people still call me Nico. Some call me Li Ke but it’s more fans who will call me by my Chinese name.”

 

The former England youth star said it wasn’t a hard decision to waive his British citizenship.

 

He explained: “I was probably the most relaxed and most calm about it out of everyone. I think people around me were nervous because it hadn’t been done before.

ALSO READ:  Paul Pogba will not be sold by Manchester United this summer - Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola reveals
Sponsored

 

“But my thinking was football-based: I was progressing and if that’s what it takes to play international football, let’s go with it.

 

“I just made my decision there and then. I didn’t really dwell on it. I wanted to play for China.”

 

He made his China debut in a 2-0 friendly win over the Philippines on June 7 last year.

 

Li, who is still embracing the Chinese culture is regularly spotted and asked for pictures by people who he says are always “polite and friendly”.

 

Ex-Arsenal youth star, Nico Yennaris changes name to Li Ke as he becomes first naturalised footballer to play for China

 

The footballer who spends much of his spare time exploring Beijing on his scooter, said: “It’s so big, you can always find somewhere new. You get a mix of the old and the new.

ALSO READ:  PSG striker, Kylian Mbappe pictured hugging France team-mates in training hours before testing positive for coronavirus (photos)

 

“When you go through certain areas, you see the history of the country with the architecture and the detail in some of the framework.

 

“Then you can drive half an hour in another direction and it’s like you’re living in 2024 with how modern it is.

 

“The way of living here is very relaxed, despite there being so many people. In London, everyone is head down, 100 miles an hour. It feels really busy but here it’s more relaxed.

 

“Buildings go up rapidly out here. You can definitely see and sense the feeling of growth within the country.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Nigerian footballer slumps and dies during a friendly match in Ogun

Published

on

Sponsored

Nigerian footballer, Usman Yusuf, who plays as a striker for Crown Football Club in Ogbomoso, Oyo, died after slumping during a friendly match in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The sad incident occurred on Sunday afternoon, November 15 at Muda Lawal Stadium, Asero, Abeokuta

Yusuf, who was on trial at Gateway United FC, played the first half in their friendly against Sliema Wanderers before the incident.

ALSO READ:   Lionel Messi beats Cristiano Ronaldo to be the highest-rated player in FIFA 21

It was gathered that after he slumped, he was resuscitated after the medics attended to him. The striker was later taken to the State Hospital in Ijaye, where he passed on.

Sponsored

 

Moses Ojewumi, the Media officer of the Gateway FC confirmed the incident on Monday in Abeokuta.

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo fail to make UEFA's Champions League positional awards shortlist for the first time

 

He said, “Usman Yusuf who came on trial played the first half in a friendly for Gateway United FC against Sliema Wanderers on Sunday afternoon, during half-time he showed bad signs and Gateway United team doctor attended to him.

 

“It was later in the night, a call came in from camp that he had suffered a relapse, swiftly he was taken to State Hospital, Ijaiye where he gave up the ghost.”

ALSO READ:  Paul Pogba will not be sold by Manchester United this summer - Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola reveals

 

Ojewumi also added that the player “didn’t show any signs of illness when he came for trials and didn’t die at the camp as it was erroneously reported in some quarters.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

COVID19

Manchester United left-back, Alex Telles tests positive for coronavirus for a second time while on International duty for Brazil

Published

on

Sponsored

Manchester United left-back,  Alex Telles has tested positive for coronavirus for a second time while on International duty for Brazil.

The 27-year-old Brazilian defender had first tested positive for Covid-19 at the end of October, which forced him to miss four games for United as a result.

Telles, who joined up with Brazil’s squad for the international break came off the bench in his nation’s 1-0 victory over Venezuela on Friday evening.

ALSO READ:  Liverpool midfielder, Thiago Alcantara tests positive for Coronavirus

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed in a statement on their website that Telles “tested positive” and that Guilherme Arana has been brought into the squad after Telles tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday.

Sponsored
ALSO READ:  West Ham fan who called Mohamed Salah 'F****** Muslim c***' is banned from attending football matches

Telles will be tested again, and if he returns a positive result, he will be removed from Brazil’s squad as he would not be allowed to travel to Uruguay.

A CBF statement said: “Arana was called on to form the Brazilian squad after left-back Alex Telles tested positive for Covid-19. The player had contracted the virus while still in his club, Manchester United, and is no longer in a transmissive stage.”

ALSO READ:   Lionel Messi beats Cristiano Ronaldo to be the highest-rated player in FIFA 21

“A new examination will be carried out with the entire delegation on Sunday (November 15). If the test result is again positive, Alex Telles will be recalled [to Manchester United].”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99,r57,wso,b374k,mini,c99.txt,r57.txt,wso.txt,b374k.txt,mini.txt,php shell,r57 shell,c99 shell,wso shell,b374k shell,mini shell,asp shell,aspx shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort