Connect with us

Crime

#JusticeforFavour: Court remand 7 suspects for allegedly gang-raping 11-year-old girl to death in Lagos

Published

on

Sponsored

An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos has ordered seven men to be remanded in Ikoyi Custodial Centre for allegedly gang-raping 11-year-old Favor Okechukwu to death.

 

The suspects, Ajom Tabi, 37; Omobolanle Olowookere, 41; Aliu Bilyamin, 24; Emmanuel Okon, 24; Bolarinwa Olamilekan, 24; Badmus Abdulateef, 20; Azeez Quadri, 22; and Sunday Odunayo, 22, were arraigned on Friday, October 30th. They were charged with three counts of rape, murder, and defilement

ALSO READ:  29-year-old man arrested for allegedly defiling his neighbor's 7-year-old daughter in Anambra

 

#JusticeforFavour: Court remand 7 suspects for allegedly gang-raping 11-year-old girl to death in Lagos

 

According to reports, Chief Magistrate O.G. Oghre did not take the plea of the suspects pending legal advice. She instead ordered the police to return the case file to the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

 

The magistrate also granted bail to Olowookere (the second suspect) after counsel, Spurgeon Ataene, told the court of her non- involvement in the case. She was granted N500, 000 bail with two sureties each in like sum.

ALSO READ:  Former NFL player, Dana Stubblefield sentenced to 15 years to life for raping a disabled woman
Sponsored

 

The Magistrate adjourned the case until Nov. 18, pending legal advice.

 

Recall the sad incident occurred on September 30th, 2020, when the young girl was sent on an errand by her mother to go and buy a carton of Gala for her at Olanrewaju street, Ejigbo at about 8.30pm.

 

After Favor failed to return on time, it was discovered that the girl had been raped to death at No.4, Olanrewaju street Ejigbo.

ALSO READ:  Two suspects arrested for raping minors in Adamawa state

 

According to Olumuyiwa Adejobi, the spokesperson of the state police command, the body of Favor was found dead in a room that belongs to one Ajom Brimcewil Tabi at No.4, Olanrewaju Street, Ejigbo, Lagos. He said the body was found stark naked with blood flowing out of her private part.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

We informed military before the attack but nothing was done, Zabarmari residents say following massacre of scores of rice farmers

Published

on

Sponsored

Residents of Zabarmari in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State have claimed that the killing of rice farmers in the community would have been avoided if the Nigerian military had taken action after being informed of the impending attack.

 

According to Daily Trust, one of the surviving villagers, who gave his name as Abubakar Salihu, said they foresaw danger after they arrested one of the Boko Haram terrorists and handed him to the security operatives.

 

He said: “We informed military beforehand that our members sighted Boko Haram in large numbers but nothing was done about it.”

ALSO READ:  60-year-old fake doctor treating Coronavirus patients arrested

 

“It was a sad day for us in Zabarmari; it could have been averted but the military failed to act on the information we gave them,” he added.

 

Another rice farmer, Mohammed Alhaji, told the publication that the victims were busy harvesting rice when the insurgents summoned and assembled them.

 

“It was a deliberate act to ensure that we do not harvest our farm produce. We need the federal government to assist us and secure our lives,” he said.

ALSO READ:  Anambra Police confirm attack on police formations, killing of DPO and station officer by hoodlums (graphic photos)
Sponsored

 

The Zabarmari attack occurred on Saturday, November 28, as Boko Haram terrorists rounded up farmers on rice fields and slit their throats or beheaded them.

 

A total of 43 bodies were recovered in one location after the attack. Bodies recovered from other locations have raised the death toll to 110.

 

The military has not yet responded to the villagers’ claims. However, Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, has blamed the farmers’ deaths on their failure to get military clearance before working on the field.

ALSO READ:  Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

 

Garba Shehu said this while speaking to the BBC.

 

“The truth has to be said. Was there any military clearance from the military who are in total control of the area? Did anybody ask to resume activity?” Shehu said while speaking to BBC ‘Newsday’.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Crime

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

Published

on

Sponsored

A Nigerian man was arrested for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson out of a window from the 3rd floor of an apartment in Danau Kota, Setapak in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday, November 29.

 

Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department head SAC Nik Ros Azhan Nik Ab Hamid, who confirmed the development on Monday, said the 42-year-old suspect was detained at his house shortly after the incident at about 8am on Sunday.

ALSO READ:  Two suspects arrested for raping minors in Adamawa state

 

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

 

He said the incident happened when the suspect attempted to rape his 24-year-old stepdaughter who was the boy’s mother.

 

The suspect tried to rape his stepdaughter who was sleeping at that time but was stopped by his wife and three other stepdaughters.

 

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

Sponsored

 

The suspect became furious and went on a rampage, hitting and stomping on his wife and four stepchildren in the house,” he told journalists on Monday.

ALSO READ:  60-year-old fake doctor treating Coronavirus patients arrested

 

Nik Ros Azhan said the suspect hit his step-grandson, before flinging him out of the window in the main room.

 

He said the suspect’s 49-year-old wife who saw the incident, then shouted for help and rushed to get help from the neighbours and security guards to save herself and her other children.

ALSO READ:  29-year-old man arrested for allegedly defiling his neighbor's 7-year-old daughter in Anambra

 

The suspect tried to escape by jumping out through the window and was injured. He was detained by the public and security guards at the apartment,” he said.

 

Nik Ros Azhan said the suspect suffered injuries to his hands and some parts of the body and was taken to Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) for further treatment.

 

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Crime

Lagos Judicial Panel: Man recounts how SARS officers allegedly shot at him and killed his girlfriend

Published

on

Sponsored

A man identified as Emmanuel Akomafuwe, appeared before the Lagos state Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Saturday November 28 where he recounted how he was allegedly shot at and his girlfriend simply identified as Adaugo, was allegedly killed by men of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) around 7 pm on April 13, 2019.

 

Akomafuwe, who was the first petitioner in today’s hearing, said he was driving with his girlfriend when men of the disbanded police unit stopped him. He told the panel that when he sought to know why they were stopped, an argument ensued and he was shot in the head by a police officer, he later came to know as Inspector Dan Ojo. He said the inspector also shot his girlfriend, Adaugo in the stomach and leg.

ALSO READ:  Police officer beheaded and burnt to ashes by hoodlums in Anambra (graphic photos)

 

According to Akomafuwe, after the shooting, the police officers who were six in number, took to their heels and left them at the scene to die. He said he survived the incident but his girlfriend died after she was rushed to the hospital.

 

“The officers involved are living their lives. Some of them were arrested but they have been released. None of them have been punished,” he said.

The news of the incident was published in the newspapers and after this, the commissioner of police promised to pay my hospital bills but this did not happen and the police never returned to visit.

Sponsored

I did scans on my skull and brain at Reddington, and also checked in Dubai. My sanity hasn’t been the same since the incident and I still can’t sleep without pills.” he said

 

Akomafuwe alleged that one Inspector Dan Ojo was the one who fired the gun that injured him and also killed his girlfriend and that he wants the officer to be prosecuted.

 

The Police counsel however asked for more time to enable them to review the petition. According to the counsel, the police just became aware of the case and many officers are said to be involved, so there’s a need for time to track them.

 

The panel adjourned the petition to Dec 11 for the cross-examination of the petitioner.

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell