A young boy said to be a JSS 3 student sustained life threatening injuries after he was allegedly knocked down by some disbanded members of Rivers Task force while trying to wrest control of the streering wheel following an argument with a cab driver in Rivers State.
It was gathered that the incident happened on Wednesday afternoon, September 9, at Ozuoba in Obi/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.
The boy was rushed to the nearest hospital while an angry mob succeeded in arresting one of the fake task force members and handed him over to Ozuoba Police Station.
Narrating how the incident happened, the victim’s teacher, Goldy Ude, said that the boy was returning from a WAEC French exam when the vehicle knocked him down. He lost most of his teeth while his face was mutilated.
“The above pictures shows details of a very disheartening story of task force boys who though disbanded by the government still do their illegal job,”
“This afternoon one of my students, a JSS 3 boy who was returning from a French exam was knocked down by a Siena bus whose steering was seized by the hooligans. The vehicle totally left the main road and lifted the poor boy from the pedestrian walkway. one of them was caught and handed over to the police in Ozuoba,”
“The boy was rushed unconscious to hospital. He lost most of his upper teeth. His jaw and part of his face was mutilated I couldn’t hold my tears to see a boy that left me less than an hour earlier in this state. His situation was bad I thank God for his life. He made it out of the theater but will need a set of artificial upper teeth,”
” He is lying down in excruciating pain in hospital now. He did nothing wrong. He was on the walkway. He absolutely didn’t deserve this yet these untamed task force boys disfigured him in his prime,”
“Our Governor needs to hear this, and do something about these boys.please keep posting until the people in authority rise to do the right thing. He is my son ooo, oh God my heart is broken I haven’t sleep since yesterday, River state government please come to our aid.”
Update: Abductors of catholic priest demand ‘N100m ransom’
The Kidnappers of Reverend father Matthew Dajo of the St Anthony Catholic Church in Yangoji village, Kwali Area Council in Abuja suburb, are reportedly demanding for N100 million ransom before the victim will be set free.
The Catholic priest was abducted on Sunday, November 22 around 9:47:pm. It was gathered that the gunmen stormed the catholic priest’s residence with sophisticated weapons and then whisked him away.
A member of his church told Daily Trust that contact was established with the kidnappers on Saturday, and they have demanded N100 million as ransom.
“And you know since he was abducted, his abductors did not call until on Saturday and they are demanding for N100 million, but I don’t know at what figure has the man who is negotiating with them has been able to arrive at,” he said.
The insider said members of the church are facing a major problem on how to raise the large sum as it’s against the rules of the church to pay for ransom. He also stated the church is solely depending on the family members and relatives of the victim to source for ransom.
“And the other thing we are more worried about is that when a reverend father is abducted, it is against the rules of the church to pay for ransom, except the family members, friends or relatives of the victim can take such responsibility,” he said.
Zahra Buhari reacts to the murder of rice farmers in Zabarmari
Zahra Buhari-Indimi has reacted to the murder of 110 rice farmers in Zabarmari village in Borno state.
The daughter of the president of Nigeria shared a newspaper shot of the Zabarmari massacre and wrote: “My heart bleeds”.
Her reaction comes two days after Boko Haram terrorists attacked rice farmers in their farms and slaughtered them. The death toll was initially at 43 but has now been updated to 110.
Disappointed customer shows dress she ordered and what her tailor made
A customer who asked a tailor to make her a dress was left disappointed at what was delivered.
The woman shared a photo of the dress she ordered and what was delivered.
She explained that a friend introduced her to the tailor who then sent her 5 dresses to choose from. She chose one and the tailor charged her 70,000 Naira.
She haggled down to 65,000 Naira and made payment for the dress.
However, the dress was not ready on time for her birthday. When it finally came, it was nothing like what she ordered.
The Twitter user was told that she probably ordered an inferior material but she explained that the tailor handled everything, including sourcing the material for the dress.
She went on to share videos to show how the finishing was.
She added that she asked the tailor to keep 25,000 Naira and make a refund of 40,000 and she’ll return the dress, but the tailor refused.
Below are tweets shared by the disappointed customer alongside videos of the dress delivered.