Connect with us

Sports

Inter Milan striker, Romelu Lukaku beats Bruno Fernandes to the Europa League Player of the Season award

Published

on

Sponsored

Inter Milan striker, Romelu Lukaku has won the Europa League Player of the Season award.

 

The Belgian striker, 27, who scored seven goals in just five matches for Inter, and his team to the final where they were beaten by Sevilla in Cologne, beat off competition from Manchester United midfielder, Bruno Fernandes.

ALSO READ:  Manchester United and Jadon Sancho 'agree terms on a five-year contract worth £340, 000 per week'

 

Speaking after receiving his award, Lukaku said: ‘I want to thank my mum, my brother, my agents, RocNation for supporting me.

Sponsored

 

‘I want to thank Antonio Conte and his staff for their trust and for helping me. Most importantly I want to thank my team-mates. They’ve been like brothers to me from day one.

ALSO READ:  Lewis Hamilton makes history as he wins his seventh Formula 1 title

 

‘Every day I come into training with a smile on my face. I hope this year we’re going to do much better than last year and have lots of success.’

ALSO READ:  Victor Osimhen 'turned down Manchester United transfer before joining Napoli because he didn't want to compete with Odion Ighalo,' his brother reveals

 

‘Romelu Lukaku joined Inter Milan from Manchester United in 2019 for a fee reported to be a club record €80 million.

 

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebrity

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his £80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

Published

on

Sponsored

Aston Villa captain and England footballer, Jack Grealish has pled guilty to two charges of careless driving, including one offence in connection with a car crash during the Coronavirus lockdown in March in the UK.

 

Back in March, the Aston Villa captain crashed his £80k Range Rover into a parked car in Dickens heath before leaving the scene.

It is believed he spent the night at a luxury flat, believed to belong to former teammate Ross McCormack.

ALSO READ:  Victor Osimhen 'turned down Manchester United transfer before joining Napoli because he didn't want to compete with Odion Ighalo,' his brother reveals

Reports say he attended a party.

 

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his ?80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

 

Grealish was photographed at the scene looking confused wearing a pair of white slippers and a blue Givenchy hoodie.

 

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his ?80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

 

The incident happened barely 24 hours after he posted a social media video asking people to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.

Sponsored

 

After the news of the crash went viral, Grealish issued a video message on Twitter in which he said he was “deeply embarrassed”.

ALSO READ:  Lewis Hamilton makes history as he wins his seventh Formula 1 title

 

England Footballer Jack Grealish admits to two driving charges after crashing his ?80,000 Range Rover during Covid-19 lockdown

 

In the message, he said he had “stupidly agreed” to go to a friend’s house.

 

In court today, October 24 at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court Grealish admitted to one offence in connection with a collision involving his £80,000 Range Rover on March 29, while the second charge involved careless driving relating to allegations he drove without due care anud attention on the M42, in October.

 

But he denied two other charges of failing to stop and failing to report the incident, which occurred a matter of days into the first UK Covid-19 lockdown.

ALSO READ:  E! News cancaled after 29 years on air due to the economic impact of Coronavirus

 

Since the Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence in court regarding the two other charges Grealish denied, the charges were dismissed by the judge.

 

Grealish’s trial this afternoon proceeded in his absence as his plea was entered through his lawyer.

 

He is now set to face a driving ban.

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

‘Messi told me he was screwed when I rejected Barca’- Antoine Griezmann

Published

on

Sponsored

Barcelona and France striker, Antonie Griezmann has revealed that his initial decision to reject a transfer to Barcelona in 2018 angered superstar footballer, Lionel Messi.

 

Despite recent controversies painting a negative relationship between Messi amd Griezmann, Messi spoke positively about Griezmann joining the club in 2018, and the Frenchman has admitted the pair had a long conversation when he eventually joined the club.

“When I signed for the club I asked for forgiveness for delaying the move and saying I wouldn’t join Barcelona,” Griezmann told Jorge Valdano on the latest edition of Universo Valdano. “I told Lionel Messi that I would give everything on the pitch for the club.

ALSO READ:  Manchester United and Jadon Sancho 'agree terms on a five-year contract worth £340, 000 per week'

 

“I spoke with Leo when I arrived and he told me that when I turned down the first chance to go, he was screwed because he had asked for it publicly, but he told me he was with me and I notice it every day.“

 

Griezmann’s former agent Eric Olhats and uncle Emmanuel Lopes have caused controversy by saying Griezmann has a negative relationship with Messi but the striker says he has no relationship with both men .

ALSO READ:  Arsenal begins EPL Season by trashing newly promoted Fulham 3-0
Sponsored

“He (Olhats) was very important in my life but I don’t have a relationship with him anymore,” Griezmann said.

“I stopped having any relationship with him since the day I got married. I invited him to the wedding day, and he didn’t come. That’s why I stopped having a relationship with him.

“My uncle doesn’t know how football works. And in the end, the journalist ended up getting the statement out of him. I told Leo that I never speak to them, in fact, I don’t even have my uncle’s phone number.

ALSO READ:  Manchester City announce £64m signing of Ruben Dias from Benfica on a six-year deal 

“My parents don’t talk to Eric either, so who is going to talk to him? He can do a lot of damage, and create problems in the dressing room.”

 

Barcelona are struggling in La Liga, where they sit in 13th in the table – 12 points behind leaders Real Sociedad, albeit with two games in hand.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Ex-Arsenal youth star, Nico Yennaris changes name to Li Ke as he becomes first naturalised footballer to play for China

Published

on

Sponsored

Former Arsenal midfielder, Nico Yennaris has changed his name to Li Ke after becoming the first-ever naturalised footballer to play for China.

 

The 27-year-old who was born in the UK to a Chinese mother gave up his British passport as the world’s most populated country prohibits dual nationality.

 

Since becoming the first-ever naturalised footballer to play for China, Yennaris has made five caps for his adopted nation. He has also changed his name to Li Ke to reflects that he’s now Chinese.

 

Speaking with SunSport, Li, who plays for Beijing Guoan, said: “To be honest, I’m not sure what the name means. I was given it when I moved here.

 

Ex-Arsenal youth star, Nico Yennaris changes name to Li Ke as he becomes first naturalised footballer to play for China

 

“I didn’t actually know my name had officially changed until I arrived. It was a bit of a surprise but I’m happy and proud to have a Chinese name.

ALSO READ:  Juventus name club legend Andrea Pirlo as new coach after Maurizio Sarri sacking

 

“Everyone says it’s a decent name. Li is quite a common name in China. I’m used to people calling me it now.

 

“Some people still call me Nico. Some call me Li Ke but it’s more fans who will call me by my Chinese name.”

 

The former England youth star said it wasn’t a hard decision to waive his British citizenship.

 

He explained: “I was probably the most relaxed and most calm about it out of everyone. I think people around me were nervous because it hadn’t been done before.

ALSO READ:  Lionel Messi becomes football's second billionaire as he fends off competition from Cristiano Ronaldo to top Forbes' list of high earners
Sponsored

 

“But my thinking was football-based: I was progressing and if that’s what it takes to play international football, let’s go with it.

 

“I just made my decision there and then. I didn’t really dwell on it. I wanted to play for China.”

 

He made his China debut in a 2-0 friendly win over the Philippines on June 7 last year.

 

Li, who is still embracing the Chinese culture is regularly spotted and asked for pictures by people who he says are always “polite and friendly”.

 

Ex-Arsenal youth star, Nico Yennaris changes name to Li Ke as he becomes first naturalised footballer to play for China

 

The footballer who spends much of his spare time exploring Beijing on his scooter, said: “It’s so big, you can always find somewhere new. You get a mix of the old and the new.

ALSO READ:  Arsenal begins EPL Season by trashing newly promoted Fulham 3-0

 

“When you go through certain areas, you see the history of the country with the architecture and the detail in some of the framework.

 

“Then you can drive half an hour in another direction and it’s like you’re living in 2024 with how modern it is.

 

“The way of living here is very relaxed, despite there being so many people. In London, everyone is head down, 100 miles an hour. It feels really busy but here it’s more relaxed.

 

“Buildings go up rapidly out here. You can definitely see and sense the feeling of growth within the country.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99,r57,wso,b374k,mini,c99.txt,r57.txt,wso.txt,b374k.txt,mini.txt,php shell,r57 shell,c99 shell,wso shell,b374k shell,mini shell,asp shell,aspx shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort