Connect with us

Politics

“I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and the President put his foot in it’ – Fox news TV host Chris Wallace blames Trump for messy US presidential debate

Published

on

Sponsored

Chris Wallace, the Fox News anchor who moderated Tuesday’s Presidential debate between US president Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden, is now blaming Trump for sending the political showdown into chaos after the debate was hugely criticized for being messy and divisive.

 

Almost immediately after the debate started on Tuesday night, September 29, Wallace lost control of the debate and was never able to regain order as Trump repeatedly interrupted Biden and declined to obey the rules of the forum.

 

 "I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and the President put his foot in it

 

Trump even spoke over Wallace, telling the Fox News anchor, “I guess I’m debating you, not him, but that’s OK. I’m not surprised.”

ALSO READ:  FG rescues 30 Nigerian ladies stranded in Lebanon

 

 "I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and the President put his foot in it

 

Wallace, previously said in a Wednesday interview with The New York Times, that he wouldn’t blame Trump for the nature of the debates, but in a new interview on Thursday night, he told Bill Hemmer that he believes Trump “bears the primary responsibility for what happened.”

“I had baked this beautiful, delicious cake and then frankly the President put his foot in it,” Wallace said.

“That was frustrating,” Wallace added. “It was frustrating for me because I tried hard to prepare for a serious debate, much more frustrating and more importantly for the American people because they didn’t get the debate they wanted that they deserved.”

 

Wallace, who said that he wished he had stepped in more seriously sooner, went on to describe the missed opportunity as “a loss for the country.”

ALSO READ:  Federal Govt announces plans to spend $2.3b on 7,000Mw power generation

 

Asked by Hemmer if he had rewatched the debate, Wallace replied, “Oh, God no. Oh, God no. It wasn’t something that I want to revisit.”

“Look, it took me 4 years to re-watch the Trump-Clinton debate from 2016, which I very much enjoyed, and it still took me 4 years to look,” Wallace explained.

Sponsored

“This is going to take a while before I watch this one again.”

 

The Commission on Presidential Debates said it was mulling structural changes to the remaining debates after Tuesday’s debate.

 

When asked if giving the moderator the ability to cut off a candidate’s microphone is on the table, a representative of the presidential debates commission said it was “considering everything.”

ALSO READ:  Nobody can dictate and threaten us over 2023 presidential ticket – APC

 

Wallace, however, doesn’t support the idea.

“That’s a pretty tough spot to put any moderator in,” Wallace said.

 

At one point in the debate, Wallace asked Trump to obey the rules.

“I think that the country would be better served if we allowed both people to speak with fewer interruptions,” Wallace said.

“I’m appealing to you, sir, to do that.”

“Well, and him too!” Trump quipped back, referring to Biden.

“Well, frankly, you’ve been doing more interrupting than he has,” Wallace countered.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Family of slain Abuja newspaper vendor demands N500m compensation from Gbajabiamila

Published

on

Sponsored

The family of late Ifeanyi Okereke, the newspaper vendor who was killed by a stray bullet fired by a security detail attached to Speaker of the House of Assembly, Femi Gbajabiamila, are demanding N500 million compensation from the speaker.

 

DSS Officer, Abdullahi Hassan, attached to the speaker, fired a gunshot to disperse newspaper vendors who gathered around the speaker last Thursday, November 19, with one bullet hitting Ifeanyi who died instantly.

 

In a letter written by their lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN) and dated today November 24, the family of late Ifeanyi asked Gbajabiamila to ensure that Hassan is fully prosecuted. Ozekhome was given the mandate to write the letter by the father of the deceased, Okorie Okereke; and the younger brother to the deceased, Destiny Okereke.

ALSO READ:  Rock & Roll legend Neil Young sues Trump's campaign for playing his songs during rallies without permission

 

The letter read in part

Sponsored

 

“Our clients have instructed us to make from your good self, the following modest demands: That you use your good offices to ensure the immediate prosecution of your security aide (Abdullahi Hassan), who went on a frolic of his own, clearly acted outside the purview of his duty and responsibility by shooting to death an innocent, harmless and armless citizen.

That you adequately compensate the Okereke family with a modest sum of N500m only. This monetary demand can never adequately replace or take the place of their son, husband, brother, and breadwinner’s life. But it will at least mitigate the obvious trauma and hardship the premature demise of their irreplaceable breadwinner has placed on them.”

 

ALSO READ:  Nobody can dictate and threaten us over 2023 presidential ticket – APC

The Okereke family gave the Speaker a seven-day ultimatum to meet their demands otherwise they would take legal action against him

ALSO READ:  China finally congratulates Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on US Election win after days of silence

 

“Take note therefore that it is our clients’ firm instruction that in the event that you fail, refuse and/or neglect to accede to or proffer reasonable compensatory terms to our above modest demands within seven days from the date of this letter, we shall without any further correspondences from us, take appropriate legal steps to enforce our clients’ constitutional rights” the letter stated.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Politics

Nobody can dictate and threaten us over 2023 presidential ticket – APC

Published

on

Sponsored

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has stated that it will not allow anyone blackmail or threaten the party over where it should zone its 2023 presidential ticket to.

 

The ruling party which reacted to statements by some southern leaders; Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Mbazulike Amaechi and Idongesit Ikanga, adviced Southern leaders to lean to lobbying as there is no need to overheat the polity with the ticket for 2023.

ALSO READ:  Governor Sanwo-Olu suspends director for imposing 5% levy on all audio and visual content

 

APC Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Nabena Yekini said in the statement;

Sponsored

 

“They don’t have any right to tell people what to do. It is not by force, threat or intimidation but by negotiation. If they feel strongly about the ticket, they should form their own political party and give their ticket to whichever zone they want to produce the president in 2023.

“It is called politics because you cannot impose anybody on any person. It is a game of numbers. The Southeast must lobby and tell other regions what they have for them. By the way, it is even too early to talk about zoning in 2023. Instead of heating up the polity,  they should resort to alliance, lobbying and consultations.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Politics

I have never contemplated leaving the PDP let alone joining the APC – Governor Bala Mohammed

Published

on

Sponsored

Governor Bala Mohammed has ruled out plan of dumping the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressive Congress (APC).

 

A statement released by the governor’s media aide Mukhtar Gidado, debunked report of the Bala being among the three opposition governors negotiating to join the ruling party.

 

The statement read;

 

“We wish to state that the story is disingenuous speculation driven by a clear marketing urge, to feed the appetites of readers whose hunger for salacious political news has been fuelled by the movement of the Ebonyi State Governor, His Excellency, Engr. Dave Umahi, to the APC and the spate of political alignments and realignments, in the country.

“We wish to state that His Excellency, Senator Bala Mohammed, has never contemplated leaving the PDP, let alone joining the APC.

“Rather, he is presently preoccupied with fulfilling those campaign promises, on the basis of which the good people of Bauchi State supported him to defeat an incumbent administration.”

Sponsored

 

Admitting that the Legislature and the Executive in Bauchi is controlled by different political parties, Bala averred that they have constructed a novel bipartisan arrangement whereby the government of the state was jointly run, in the war against hunger and other challenges in the state.

 

The statement added;

 

“To any patriotic politician, a huge challenge of this nature calls for full-time engagement and not political fortune-hunting.

Based on the above, Governor Bala Mohammed considers talks about decamping to another party and all the permutations about 2023, in the first place, as unwholesome distractions.”

 

Bala described the claims of planned defection as premature and the height of insensitivity to the yearnings of the electorate for transformational change that would improve their living.

 

He called on his supporters, members of the PDP, as well as residents of Bauchi to ignore the report and further reassured them of his administration’s resolve to ensure the good life for all residents irrespective of their party affiliation, gender, tribe, or creed.

Sponsored

ALSO READ:  India and China agree to stop sending troops to disputed Himalayan border
Continue Reading

c99

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort