Connect with us

Vogue

Hotel Rwanda film hero, Paul Rusesabagina was not kidnapped from Dubai but lured back to Rwanda, President Paul Kagame says

Published

on

Sponsored

Hotel Rwanda film hero, Paul Rusesabagina was not kidnapped from Dubai but lured back to Rwanda,?President Paul Kagame says?

 

Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame has denied that the man who inspired a Hollywood film about the country’s 1994 genocide was kidnapped in Dubai and brought back to the country before being arrested for murder and terrorism.

 

This comes after Paul Rusesabagina’s family alleged that he was abducted while in Dubai and taken to Rwanda against his will last week.

 

“He would never go to Rwanda of his own will because of the way the Rwandan government has been attacking him,” Anaïse Kanimba, one of his daughters, told the Financial Times last week

 

“Paul did not voluntarily come to Rwanda and no extradition process was followed,” said a spokesperson for the Hotel Rwanda Rusesabagina Foundation.

ALSO READ:  NIDCOM denies reports claiming staff of the Nigerian embassy in Switzerland called the police on Nigerian citizens

 

Reacting to the claims, President Paul Kagame on Sunday  September 6, said Paul Rusesabagina had “brought himself” in.

 

“Let me eliminate the one [theory] of him being kidnapped. That was not the case. And Rusesabagina can attest that himself. There was no kidnap, there was not any wrongdoing in the process of his getting here. He got here on the basis of what he believed and wanted to do,” Mr Kagame told journalists. The process was “flawless”, he added.

ALSO READ:  "I look forward to the day when Nigeria and Africa become places where hard work and merit are rewarded" Nigerian-born Kayce Madu appointed Justice Minister in Canada writes

 

Paul Rusesabagina, who became well known after Hotel Rwanda,  was arrested last week on charges that include terrorism, kidnap, and murder.

Sponsored

 

The 66-year-old who has not lived in Rwanda since 1996 when he survived an assassination attempt, is said to be the founder of the National Liberation Forces (FLN), ”an armed terrorist organisation” under his Rwandan Movement for Democratic Change (MRCD).

 

The country’s bureau of Investigation said Rusesabagina was arrested “through international cooperation” after an international warrant was issued.

 

Rwandan authorities believe the role of Mr. Rusesabagina in the country’s genocide was exaggerated.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria now ranks 146 out of 180 countries in Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index

 

The 2004 film Hotel Rwanda told the story of how Mr. Rusesabagina, a middle-class Hutu native used his influence and bribes to convince military officials to secure a safe escape for an estimated 1,200 people who sought shelter at the Mille Collines Hotel in Kigali during the genocide, in which about 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed.

 

Paul Rusesabagina is a recipient of several human rights awards for his efforts during the genocide, including the US Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005.

 

Hotel Rwanda film hero, Paul Rusesabagina was not kidnapped from Dubai but lured back to Rwanda,?President Paul Kagame says?

Paul Rusesabagina with former US President, George Bush.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vogue

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Published

on

Sponsored

Romain Grosjean, 34, has shared multiple updates from the hospital after he miraculously survived a horror crash that broke his car in half and saw it go up in flames while he was still in it.

 

The Haas-Ferrari driver said from the hospital that he is “loving life” after suffering only burns in Sunday’s horror Formula One crash.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria now ranks 146 out of 180 countries in Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index

 

His car crashed into a barrier early on during the Bahrain Grand Prix and his vehicle subsequently exploded into a fireball.

 

Viewers were stunned to see the French-Swiss veteran walk away from the wreckage seemingly injury free after race stewards quickly intervened with a fire extinguisher.

 

It was later revealed that Grosjean would need to stay in hospital overnight to be treated for burns on his hands.

ALSO READ:  Plateau pastor abducted by Boko Haram regains freedom

 

With large bandages visible in his latest update on Instagram, the driver wrote: “Thank you so much for all your messages. Loving life.”

Sponsored

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

 

In an initial post, he said: “Hello everyone, I just wanted to say I am OK – well, sort of OK.

ALSO READ:  "I look forward to the day when Nigeria and Africa become places where hard work and merit are rewarded" Nigerian-born Kayce Madu appointed Justice Minister in Canada writes

 

“Thank you very much for all the messages. I wasn’t for the halo some years ago, but I think it’s the greatest thing that we’ve brought to Formula 1.

 

“Without it I wouldn’t be able to speak with you today.”

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

Published

on

Sponsored

A 3-year-old girl has been found safe and reunited with her mother after she went missing for six hours in Diobu area of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

 

The Commander of Diobu Vigilante group, Godstime Ihunwo, who confirmed the incident on Sunday, November 29, said that the child went missing due to the ”carelessness” of her mother.

ALSO READ:  Plateau pastor abducted by Boko Haram regains freedom
Sponsored

 

“Thanks b 2 God almighty as me & my boys in conjunction with 3 God-fearing & kind hearted men, whom out of their efforts made our job easier in rescuing one Miss Chinaza Ikpe, a 3 years old girl child that went missing 6 hours ago, at about 1pm 2day 29/11/2020, just bcs of d carelessness of her mother Mrs Chinasa. d Child has been handed over 2 d mother by me COMR. GODSTIME W. IHUNWO, d C.S.O./Commander Diobu Vigilante, RUMUELECHI COMMUNITY M/3 UNIT” he said.

ALSO READ:  NIDCOM denies reports claiming staff of the Nigerian embassy in Switzerland called the police on Nigerian citizens

 

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Niger workers to resume suspended strike action on Tuesday

Published

on

Sponsored

Workers in Niger state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), have disclosed that they will be resuming their suspended indefinite strike action over the decision of the State Government to pay the November salaries of civil servants on a percentage basis.

 

Leaders of the organized labour in the state said the strike will resume on Tuesday, 1st December 2020 should the government fails to address their grievances.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria now ranks 146 out of 180 countries in Transparency International's Corruption Perception Index

 

The NLC disclosed this in a letter addressed to Governor Dani Bello through the Niger Head of Service and signed by NLC Chairman, Comrade Yakubu Garba and TUC Chairman, Comrade Tanimu Yunusa.

 

It read;

 

“We write on behalf of the State Executive Council (SEC) of Niger State Organised Labour to convey to your esteemed office the harmonized position of the affiliate unions as follows:

Sponsored

“That Niger State Government should refund the slashed June 2020 2020 salaries to desirable civil servants latest Tuesday, 1st December.

“That the discussion on payment of outstanding October 2020 salaries of local government workers must be conclusive on or before Tuesday, December 1, 2020.

“That the proposal by Niger State Government to pay November 2020 salaries of LGAs and state workers on a percentage basis is unacceptable and vehemently rejected.

“That failure of the government to address issues 1, 2 and 3 above, the Organized Labour will be left with no other option than to resume the earlier suspended indefinite strike action effective midnight of
Tuesday, December 1, 2020.”

 

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell