Connect with us

ENDSARS

He wants to have all the facts which will be made public – Minister of Youth and Sports, Sunday Dare explains why Buhari did not talk about Lekki shooting

Published

on

Sponsored

Minister of Youth and Sports, Sunday Dare has explained why President Buhari did not speak on the Lekki toll gate shooting in his speech yesterday October 22.

 

The Minister in an interview on Arise TV said the President has ordered an investigation into the incident. Dare added that Buhari wants to have all the facts which will be made public.

 

He said;

 

“For sure, the president has ordered an investigation. He had a national security meeting yesterday. I can tell you that this is already ongoing because the president wants to have all the facts which will absolutely be made public.

Sponsored

“It is important to get all the facts right before we go forward, in this case. It’s going to be difficult to hide these facts because we live in a multimedia world and we have pieces of evidence and corroboration and I think it is important to get the facts right.

“I think that’s the part the president has towed and I am sure that when the facts are made available, this president – because he has integrity – will level with the Nigerian people about what happened on Tuesday in Lekki.

“Previously, we just had lip service that SARS scrapped. For the first time, you have a presidential pronouncement that SARS has been dissolved followed by the inspector-general and then we saw quick steps thereafter.

“And I think when you look at what has happened in the past and the level of responsiveness and concrete steps, the whole five demands of the youth were wholeheartedly accepted by the president and he set up a process.”

Sponsored

ALSO READ:  'I'm hale and hearty'- Nollywood actress, Eniola Badmus dismisses reports she was shot during the Lekki tollgate gun attack
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENDSARS

Northern Governors are not against disbandment of SARS – Governor Lalong

Published

on

Sponsored

Governor Simon Lalong has made a clarification on the stance of Northern Governors on the disbandment of controversial police unit, Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

 

Lalong who is the chairman of Northern Governors Forum on Wednesday November 18, said they are not against the scrapping of SARS contrary to some misconceptions in some quarters.

ALSO READ:  EFCC confirms attack on its website, disowns lawyer who allegedly resigned from the agency to join the #EndSARS protest

 

He said;

 

“The Northern Governors Forum is not against the disbandment of SARS as misconstrued in some quarters. We rather caution against the blanket condemnation of the police that can erode the confidence and zeal of the hardworking and honest ones in performing their duties of protecting lives and properties.”

Sponsored

 

Reiterating the region’s commitment in tackling the several challenges facing the region, Lalong said the forum will collaborate with Federal Government and security agencies to address the issues of banditry, terrorism, kidnapping, and other criminal activities.

 

He added;

 

“We must tackle the current challenges of insecurity in the region which is dominated by insurgency, kidnapping, banditry, rape, child abuse and trafficking and other conflicts.

“We shall continue to work with the Federal Government and security agencies to tackle crime and criminality. That is why we have supported a comprehensive reform of police architecture in the country.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

Published

on

Sponsored

CNN has released its findings from an independent investigation carried out on the October 20 shooting incident at the Lekki tollgate.

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

CNN shared footage of what appears to be soldiers shooting at the #EndSARS protesters who had gathered at the tollgate to press home their demands to end SARS as well as end police brutality.

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

CNN in its investigation spoke with a man, Elisha Sunday, whose brother, Victor, was killed during the October 20th shooting incident.

ALSO READ:  The killing of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate and other parts of the country yesterday is condemnable - Peter Obi

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

The media house also spoke with some of the protesters who were at the scene when the shooting occurred. They claim the soldiers indeed fired shots at them.

 

The media house also tracked the bullets shells seen at the Toll Gate and the companies that supplied the Nigerian Army Weapons since 2005

Sponsored

 

Recall Nigeria drew global attention when military men stormed the Lekki toll plaza where #EndSARS protesters gathered and fired gunshots.

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: Seun Kuti reacts after the government reportedly threatened to close down the African shrine over his proposed 'mass meeting'

 

Shortly after the incident, Governor Sanwo-Olu in a press conference stated that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. On October 26, the governor granted an interview to CNN where he stated that only two deaths were recorded from the incident. He added that he visited the scene the next day and couldn’t find bloodstains.

 

On the day of the incident, the Nigerian Army took to its Twitter handle to deny claims its personnel was at the scene of the incident.

ALSO READ:  EFCC confirms attack on its website, disowns lawyer who allegedly resigned from the agency to join the #EndSARS protest

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

On October 27, the Army broke its silence and alleged that the Lagos state governor invited them to help quell the violence that erupted after the protest was hijacked by hoodlums. Read here.

 

Watch the video from CNN’s independent investigation below

 

B

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

Recent violence has set Lagos economy back by tens of billions of Naira – Governor Sanwo-Olu says

Published

on

Sponsored

Lagos state governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says the widespread carnage witnessed in the state after the #EndSARS protest was hijacked by hoodlums, has caused the state economy to lose billions of naira.

 

The governor stated this at the launch of the Rebuild Lagos consultative forum which held on Monday November 16. According to Sanwo Olu, the violence is the most widespread carnage Lagos has seen in decades and the level of destruction is worrisome.

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: Seun Kuti reacts after the government reportedly threatened to close down the African shrine over his proposed 'mass meeting'
Sponsored

 

“The violence has no doubt set our economy back by tens of billions of Naira and impacted our confidence. Beyond the physical and economic impact, there has also been the psychological damage; the fear, the terror, the helplessness that all of the victims have felt, the questions about how or where do we start from?

Every aspect of life and livelihood in Lagos was affected – government buildings offices, public monuments, and historical archives, public infrastructure like our BRT buses, and, very sadly too, private property and investments – malls, shops, small businesses, residences and many more,” Governor Sanwo-Olu said

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99,r57,wso,b374k,mini,c99.txt,r57.txt,wso.txt,b374k.txt,mini.txt,php shell,r57 shell,c99 shell,wso shell,b374k shell,mini shell,asp shell,aspx shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort