Connect with us

Sports

Fight between Anthony Joshua and Kubrat Pulev to take place on December 12 in London 

Published

on

Sponsored

Bulgaria’s IBF mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev has confirmed his fight with heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua will take place in London on December 12.

 

The 39-year-old had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20 but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

 

‘No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12th and the place is London!,’ the Bulgarian, known as ‘The Cobra’, said on his facebook page.

ALSO READ:  John Obi Mikel set for return to English football with Championship side Stoke City

 

He added on his website that ‘the date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract.’

ALSO READ:  Atletico Madrid stars, Diego Costa and Santiago Arias test positive for Coronavirus
Sponsored

 

Joshua, 30, defeated Mexican-American Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December to win back his IBF, WBA, WBO, and IBO titles.

 

The Briton was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.

ALSO READ:  Man United striker, Mason Greenwood apologises after he was kicked out of England squad for allowing girls into his hotel room amid covid-19

 

After the December fight, Anthony Joshua will prepare for an all-British heavyweight unification fight with WBC champion Tyson Fury after his trilogy bout Deontay Wilder was called off few days ago. 

 

 

 

 

 

by Linda Ikeji

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

West Ham fan who called Mohamed Salah ‘F****** Muslim c***’ is banned from attending football matches

Published

on

Sponsored

A West Ham United supporter has been banned from attending matches for three years after he pleaded guilty to racially abusing Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah.

Bradley Thumwood, 48, was handed the ban after appearing at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday following an incident during West Ham’s 2-0 defeat by Liverpool at the London Stadium on January 29.

In a video that was captured during the Premier League encounter, a male voice can be heard shouting: “Salah you f****** Muslim. F****** Muslim c***. F*** off.”

ALSO READ:  John Obi Mikel set for return to English football with Championship side Stoke City

Thumwood pleaded guilty to a racially aggravated Section 5 public order, and he was also fined £400 on top of the football stadium ban. He was also told to pay a victim surcharge and costs of £215.

‘Thumwood was issued with a three-year Football Banning Order and fined £400. He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge and costs amounting to £125,’ the Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

West Ham vowed to take a ‘zero-tolerance approach’ to any future incidents of a similar nature but also said they will look to educate Thumwood to reform his views.

ALSO READ:  Manchester City players, Aymeric Laporte and Riyad Mahrez test positive for COVID-19
Sponsored

‘The club works closely with Kick It Out and our fan group BAME Hammers,’ a club spokesperson said.

‘In conjunction with those parties, the club will offer educational sessions to the individual in question in an effort to reform their views, whilst reserving the right to uphold their indefinite bans, should those efforts prove unsuccessful.’

Dedicated Football officer PC Andy Sheldon urged other football fans to report any future instances of discrimination when supporters are allowed back into the stadium.

ALSO READ:  Manchester United and Jadon Sancho 'agree terms on a five-year contract worth £340, 000 per week'

“We do not, and will not tolerate hate crime of any kind at football matches and will take action against those who are found to have committed these kinds of crimes during games,” PC Sheldon said.

“We are committed to working closely with football clubs to identify anyone behaving inappropriately and breaking the law. We are grateful for the support of West Ham United Football Club and for their commitment to eradicating this type of behaviour.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Neymar surpasses Ronaldo in Brazil’s all-time goalscoring charts after scoring hat-trick against Peru

Published

on

Sponsored

Paris Saint-Germain striker, Neymar has surpassed Ronaldo and moved into second place behind Pele on Brazil’s all-time goalscoring list after scoring a hat-trick in a 4-2 World Cup qualifying victory againt Peru.

 

The 28-year old achieved the record with two penalties and an injury-time goal on his 103rd appearance for Brazil at Lima’s National Stadium last night.

ALSO READ:  Wolves complete '£37m' signing of Portuguese right-back, Nelson Semedo from Barcelona

 

He celebrated the third goal by holding up the No 9 with his hands in what appeared to be a tribute to Ronaldo, the former Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Corinthians legend.

 

Neymar surpasses Ronaldo in Brazil

 

He now has 64 goals, two more than Ronaldo and 13 behind Pele, who heads the list with 77, according to the count by the world governing body FIFA.

ALSO READ:  Manchester United and Jadon Sancho 'agree terms on a five-year contract worth £340, 000 per week'

 

Brazil coach, Tite said after the game: ‘What I can say is Neymar has this unpredictability. He is the bow and the arrow, he’s a player who both makes and takes chances. And he gets better and better, and more mature.’

Sponsored
ALSO READ:  Man United striker, Mason Greenwood apologises after he was kicked out of England squad for allowing girls into his hotel room amid covid-19

 

See Brazil’s all-time goalscoring charts below. 

 

1 – Pele – 77 goals, 92 games

2 – Neymar – 64 goals, 103 games

3 – Ronaldo – 62 goals, 98 games

4 – Romario – 55 goals, 70 games

5 – Zico – 48 goals, 71 games

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sports

Luis Suarez reveals what will make Lionel Messi remain at Barcelona

Published

on

Sponsored

Former Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez has revealed what will make Lionel Messi remain a Barcelona player beyond this season.

 

Messi nearly left Barcelona in the summer, telling the club he wanted to activate a release clause in his contract, before changing his mind in order to avoid a potential legal fight against the club.

 

The 33-year-old’s contract expires at the end of the current season and Suarez says he believes that Lionel Messi will stay at Barcelona if the club brings in a new board, which would include replacing current president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

ALSO READ:  Neymar surpasses Ronaldo in Brazil's all-time goalscoring charts after scoring hat-trick against Peru

 

According to Suarez, Messi believes Bartomeu has failed to build a winning team.

 

Suarez was shipped out of Barcelona last month when he joined Atletico Madrid.

“Out of respect for the relationship I have with Leo, I’m not going to say what we talked about at the time, but he lived through a difficult and complicated situation,” Suarez told ESPN.

Sponsored

“He wanted to leave and the club did not want him to. I tried to support him, take care of him and distract him a little.”

ALSO READ:  Chelsea agree £50m deal for Leicester City left-back Ben Chilwell

 

Suarez believes that part of the reason Barca wanted to see him leave was because he had grown too close to Messi.

“I think they wanted to get me away from Messi’s side, perhaps it bothered them that I have a good relationship with Leo,” he said. “Maybe they wanted him not to be with me so much.”

“That Messi wanted to leave Barcelona was not a gesture towards me. They should have respected his decision to leave,” Suarez added.

ALSO READ:  Atletico Madrid stars, Diego Costa and Santiago Arias test positive for Coronavirus

“There may be the possibility that Messi plays for another club, but if he feels comfortable, happy again and another board arrives, he will want to continue at the club,” Suarez said.

“As a friend, I’ll be happy if he does well there and if he has to go to another club, I’ll be happy too.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

php shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort