Connect with us

Crime

Ex-Nigerian Minister accused of arresting hotel staff and stripping them naked for allegedly stealing N5,000

Published

on

Sponsored

A former Minister of State for Education, Kenneth Gbagi has been accused of arresting four of his hotel staff and stripping them naked for allegedly stealing N5,000.

 

According to Sahara Reporters, the four staff of Signatious Hotel, Warri, Delta State ( a male and three females) were striped naked and photographed inside the hotel before being taken to Ebrumede Police Station where they were remanded in custody.

 

Ex-Nigerian Minister accused of arresting hotel staff and stripping them naked for allegedly stealing N5,000

 

A source told the publication;

 

“My boss, former Minister of State for Education and owner of Signatious Hotel, Chief Kenneth Gbagi, arrested four of my colleagues working for him over the stealing of N5,000 from the hotel when actually the N5,000 was given as a gift to them by a guest because of their good behaviour.

“Before they were arrested by the police on Friday last week at the hotel, the four staff were stripped naked while they were photographed in the presence of the police.

Sponsored

“We learnt that the dehumanising treatment was instructed by our boss.”

 

The four staff of the hotel have been identified as Gloria Oguzie, Victor Ephraim, Rosslyn Okiemute and Achibong Precious. It was also alleged that the hotel management forcefully made some withdrawals from their bank accounts with their ATM cards before the police took them away in a waiting van.

 

They were subsequently arraigned before a magistrate court sitting in Effurun on Monday September 21, after four days of detention.

 

Ex-Nigerian Minister accused of arresting hotel staff and stripping them naked for allegedly stealing N5,000

 

In a five-count charge, the police accused the suspects of conniving among themselves to steal monies ranging from N156,000, N110,000, N5,000 and N2,000 owned by Signatious Hotel and committed an offence punishable under section 516 and 390 (9), of the criminal code Law Cap21C Vol.1 Law of Delta State.

 

They were granted bail following the intervention of some anti-corruption and human rights activists who decided to take up the matter. Warri-based human rights lawyer, Omemiroro Maxwell Ogedegbe confirmed the story and also disclosed that the four staff were granted bail by a magistrate court sitting in Effurun, Delta State.

Sponsored

ALSO READ:  Plumber 'stabs female customer to death after she asked for a discount' then badly wounds her mother and neighbour
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

We informed military before the attack but nothing was done, Zabarmari residents say following massacre of scores of rice farmers

Published

on

Sponsored

Residents of Zabarmari in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State have claimed that the killing of rice farmers in the community would have been avoided if the Nigerian military had taken action after being informed of the impending attack.

 

According to Daily Trust, one of the surviving villagers, who gave his name as Abubakar Salihu, said they foresaw danger after they arrested one of the Boko Haram terrorists and handed him to the security operatives.

 

He said: “We informed military beforehand that our members sighted Boko Haram in large numbers but nothing was done about it.”

ALSO READ:  Two more men linked to the rape of a 15-year-old orphan have been arrested by the Delta state police command. Solomon and Okpolor who were among the five who allegedly gang-raped the 15-year-old girl, had earlier been arrested on August 28. Activist Harrison Gwamnishu has now confirmed the arrest of two additional suspects identified as Mr. Emma(her husband) and Friday (her uncle). One of the suspects identified as Godday Okpakolu is currently on the run. It was further gathered that the DPO of Abraka Police Divison, Mr.Hassan has promised to ensure that the fleeing suspect is nabbed and brought to justice.

 

“It was a sad day for us in Zabarmari; it could have been averted but the military failed to act on the information we gave them,” he added.

 

Another rice farmer, Mohammed Alhaji, told the publication that the victims were busy harvesting rice when the insurgents summoned and assembled them.

 

“It was a deliberate act to ensure that we do not harvest our farm produce. We need the federal government to assist us and secure our lives,” he said.

ALSO READ:  Woman allegedly stabs her fiance to death in South Africa
Sponsored

 

The Zabarmari attack occurred on Saturday, November 28, as Boko Haram terrorists rounded up farmers on rice fields and slit their throats or beheaded them.

 

A total of 43 bodies were recovered in one location after the attack. Bodies recovered from other locations have raised the death toll to 110.

 

The military has not yet responded to the villagers’ claims. However, Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, has blamed the farmers’ deaths on their failure to get military clearance before working on the field.

ALSO READ:  Soldiers foil attack on IDPs’ convoy, kill terrorists

 

Garba Shehu said this while speaking to the BBC.

 

“The truth has to be said. Was there any military clearance from the military who are in total control of the area? Did anybody ask to resume activity?” Shehu said while speaking to BBC ‘Newsday’.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Crime

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

Published

on

Sponsored

A Nigerian man was arrested for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson out of a window from the 3rd floor of an apartment in Danau Kota, Setapak in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday, November 29.

 

Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department head SAC Nik Ros Azhan Nik Ab Hamid, who confirmed the development on Monday, said the 42-year-old suspect was detained at his house shortly after the incident at about 8am on Sunday.

ALSO READ:  Soldiers foil attack on IDPs’ convoy, kill terrorists

 

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

 

He said the incident happened when the suspect attempted to rape his 24-year-old stepdaughter who was the boy’s mother.

 

The suspect tried to rape his stepdaughter who was sleeping at that time but was stopped by his wife and three other stepdaughters.

 

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

Sponsored

 

The suspect became furious and went on a rampage, hitting and stomping on his wife and four stepchildren in the house,” he told journalists on Monday.

ALSO READ:  Twitter users express concern as man posts a series of suicidal tweets then goes silent

 

Nik Ros Azhan said the suspect hit his step-grandson, before flinging him out of the window in the main room.

 

He said the suspect’s 49-year-old wife who saw the incident, then shouted for help and rushed to get help from the neighbours and security guards to save herself and her other children.

ALSO READ:  We informed military before the attack but nothing was done, Zabarmari residents say following massacre of scores of rice farmers

 

The suspect tried to escape by jumping out through the window and was injured. He was detained by the public and security guards at the apartment,” he said.

 

Nik Ros Azhan said the suspect suffered injuries to his hands and some parts of the body and was taken to Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) for further treatment.

 

Photos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartmentPhotos: Nigerian man arrested in Malaysia for allegedly throwing his 4-year-old step-grandson from third floor apartment

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Crime

Lagos Judicial Panel: Man recounts how SARS officers allegedly shot at him and killed his girlfriend

Published

on

Sponsored

A man identified as Emmanuel Akomafuwe, appeared before the Lagos state Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Saturday November 28 where he recounted how he was allegedly shot at and his girlfriend simply identified as Adaugo, was allegedly killed by men of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) around 7 pm on April 13, 2019.

 

Akomafuwe, who was the first petitioner in today’s hearing, said he was driving with his girlfriend when men of the disbanded police unit stopped him. He told the panel that when he sought to know why they were stopped, an argument ensued and he was shot in the head by a police officer, he later came to know as Inspector Dan Ojo. He said the inspector also shot his girlfriend, Adaugo in the stomach and leg.

ALSO READ:  Self-acclaimed pastor hacks native doctor to death in Anambra; claims God instructed him to kill

 

According to Akomafuwe, after the shooting, the police officers who were six in number, took to their heels and left them at the scene to die. He said he survived the incident but his girlfriend died after she was rushed to the hospital.

 

“The officers involved are living their lives. Some of them were arrested but they have been released. None of them have been punished,” he said.

The news of the incident was published in the newspapers and after this, the commissioner of police promised to pay my hospital bills but this did not happen and the police never returned to visit.

Sponsored

I did scans on my skull and brain at Reddington, and also checked in Dubai. My sanity hasn’t been the same since the incident and I still can’t sleep without pills.” he said

 

Akomafuwe alleged that one Inspector Dan Ojo was the one who fired the gun that injured him and also killed his girlfriend and that he wants the officer to be prosecuted.

 

The Police counsel however asked for more time to enable them to review the petition. According to the counsel, the police just became aware of the case and many officers are said to be involved, so there’s a need for time to track them.

 

The panel adjourned the petition to Dec 11 for the cross-examination of the petitioner.

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell