Connect with us

COVID19

E!’s Giuliana Rancic announces she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus

Published

on

Sponsored

Giuliana Rancic has announced that she and her family have tested positive for coronavirus.

 

The veteran E! host released a statement during Sunday’s Live From the Red Carpet: The 2020 Emmy Awards special explaining why she wasn’t present to host the red carpet coverage.

 

In the statement, the American-Italian reporter, 46, revealed that her husband, Bill Rancic, and their son, Duke also tested positive for COVID-19.

ALSO READ:  Lagos LG boss, Babatunde Oke dies of COVID-19
Sponsored

 

“Hey, everyone. As I go into my 20th year on the E! red carpet I have to say I do not take missing an award show lightly, but unfortunately this year is just so different,” Rancic shared with fans. “As part of E! and NBCUniversal’s very strict testing guidelines, especially before an event like this, I did find out that I tested positive for COVID-19. Now as much as I didn’t want to hear that, I’m very thankful I heard it before I traveled and possibly could have exposed other people. So for that, I’m thankful.”

 

ALSO READ:  COVID-19 patient sits for WAEC exam in isolation centre

Rancic continued, “As far as my health, I’m doing well. My husband Bill and our son [Duke] also did test positive, but we’re all doing well and taking care each other so I’m going to get back to doing that. But I just want to say I’m wishing you all the best and please protect yourselves and protect those around you. Take good care and I’ll see you on the next red carpet.” 

 

ALSO READ:  “Is this social distancing?” Nigerian men lament after police arrested and locked them up in a crowded cell for violating curfew time (video)

Brad Goreski and Nightly Pop’s Nina Parker took over G’s hosting duties during Sunday’s Live From the Red Carpet show ahead of the 2020 Emmy Awards.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COVID19

Former footballer, Ronaldinho tests positive for Coronavirus

Published

on

Sponsored

Brazil and Barcelona legend, Ronaldinho, 40, has tested positive for coronavirus.

 

The World Cup and Ballon d’Or winner shared a video to his Instagram story revealing his diagnosis.

 

Ronaldinho was set to attend an event at Belo Horizonte’s famed Minerao stadium, but told his followers that he is asymptomatic and is now self-isolating in a hotel in Belo Horizonte.

ALSO READ:  Majek Fashek to be buried in US

 

“I have been in [Belo Horizonte] since [Saturday], I came to participate in the event … I tested positive for COVID.

Sponsored
ALSO READ:  Trump and his dad saw illness as an 'unforgivable weakness' - Trump's niece Mary alleges

 

I am well, asymptomatic, but I will not attend. We will be together soon, big hug,” Ronaldinho said.

 

Earlier this year, Ronaldinho and his brother and manager, Roberto Assis, were jailed in Paraguay in March after entering the country with fake passports.

 

The two brothers were moved to house arrest in a Paraguayan hotel in April after serving 32 days in prison and released in late August after reaching a plea deal that included fines of $90,000 and $110,000, respectively.

ALSO READ:  New deadly tick-borne virus spreading fast in China

Sponsored

Continue Reading

COVID19

US Election 2020: Watch Trump and Biden clash over Covid-19, corruption, climate and racism (videos)

Published

on

By

Sponsored

US President, Donald Trump and his White House challenger, Joe Biden clashed over Covid-19, corruption allegations, climate and race, in their final live TV debate on Thursday night, October 22, in Nashville, Tennessee.

More than 47 million people have already cast their ballots in a record-breaking voting surge driven by the pandemic but Biden leads in national polls ahead of the election.

In the second and final presidential debate, both candidates were more restrained and  allowed each other to speak.

Surprisingly they both used respectfultones even while attacking each other .

The tone change in the debate comes after a pugnacious first debate, during which Trump’s  interruptions made him a less effective debater.

US Election 2020: Watch Trump and Biden clash over Covid-19, corruption, climate and racism (videos)

On the Coronavirus pandemic, Biden said he would not rule out more lockdowns, while Mr Trump insisted it was time to reopen the US as people were dying from lack of jobs and depression was on the rise.

Trump, said it was wrong to inflict further damage on the economy because of an infection from which most people recover.

“This is a massive country with a massive economy,” said the president. “People are losing their jobs, they’re committing suicide. There’s depression, alcohol, drugs at a level nobody’s ever seen before.”

The virus is going away and a vaccine would be ready by the end of the year,”

Trump continued:

“We’re learning to live with it.” Mr Biden, 77, countered: “Come on. We’re dying with it.”

Trump then cited claims Biden personally profited off his son’s business dealings in China and Ukraine.

ALSO READ:  US Election 2020: Watch Trump and Biden clash over Covid-19, corruption, climate and racism (videos)

Asked about his support for more lockdowns, Biden, a Democrat, did not rule it out.

Mr Biden laid blame for the 220,000-plus deaths from the pandemic at the president

“Anyone who’s responsible for that many deaths should not remain president of the United States of America,” he said.

Mr Biden warned the nation was heading towards “a dark winter”.

–  About Racism

Mr Trump said:

“I am the least racist person in this room.”

He brought up the 1994 crime bill that Biden helped draft and which Black Lives Matter protesters blames for the mass incarceration of African Americans.

Biden responded saying Mr Trump was “one of the most racist presidents we’ve had in modern history. He pours fuel on every single racist fire.”

“This guy is a [racial] dog whistle about as big as a fog horn.”

– On Corruption

ALSO READ:  COVID-19: FG extends ease of lockdown for another four weeks...

Trump brought up purported leaked emails from Biden’s son, Hunter, about his business dealings in China.

“I think you owe an explanation to the American people,” said Mr Trump.

Mr Biden responded:

“I have not taken a single penny from any country whatsoever. Ever.”

Sponsored

Biden then referred to the New York Times recent report that Mr Trump had a bank account in China and paid $188,561 in taxes from 2013-15 to the country, compared with $750 in US federal taxes that the newspaper said he had paid in 2016-17 when he became president.

“I have many bank accounts and they’re all listed and they’re all over the place,” said Mr Trump. “I mean, I was a businessman doing business.”

– On Energy

The two clashed again on energy policy, as Trump asked Biden:

“Would you close down the oil industry?”

“I would transition from the oil industry, yes,” said Mr Biden, adding, “because the oil industry pollutes significantly.”

“Basically what he’s saying is he’s going to destroy the oil industry,” said Mr Trump. “Will you remember that, Texas? Will you remember that, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Ohio?”

The Biden campaign afterwards said their candidate had been talking about ending oil subsidies.

– On Immigration

Trump was asked about his policy of separating hundreds of children from undocumented immigrant adults at the southern US border to which Trump  pointed out that migrant children were also detained under the Obama administration.

“Who built the cages, Joe?” Trump asked.

Watch some highlights below.

 

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

COVID19

More than 40 million people have now been infected with Covid-19 worldwide as experts predict the figure could go as high as 780million

Published

on

Sponsored

More than 40 million people have now been infected with Covid-19 worldwide with experts predicting that the figure could go as high as 780 million.

The milestone was passed early on Monday, October 19, according to Johns Hopkins University, which collates reports on COVID-19 globally.

ALSO READ:  COVID-19: FG extends ease of lockdown for another four weeks...

The private research university also confirmed more than 1.1 million deaths from the virus, although experts also believe that number is an undercount.

ALSO READ:  COVID-19 patient sits for WAEC exam in isolation centre
Sponsored

The US has the highest number of reported cases of any country in the world with 8,154,594, followed by India with 7,550,273 cases.

ALSO READ:  Lagos LG boss, Babatunde Oke dies of COVID-19

The report also said that India is currently experiencing infections at a higher rate, with a seven-day rolling average of 61,390.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

php shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort