Connect with us

ENDSARS

EFCC confirms attack on its website, disowns lawyer who allegedly resigned from the agency to join the #EndSARS protest

Published

on

Sponsored

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has confirmed that there were attempts to breach its website over the weekend.

 

The anti-graft in tweets shared on its official Twitter handle, also asked members of the public to disregard claims of a lawyer resigning from the agency to join the #EndSARS protest.

 

Dominic was accused of pulling a stunt as he “merely served as a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member in the Port Harcourt zonal office of the Commission from November 2019 to October 16, 2020 when he completed his national service.”

ALSO READ:  Bring down Lekki Toll Gate permanently and build a statue for every one killed that night - Cross River State Health Commissioner, Dr. Betta Edu

 

It read;

 

The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has been drawn to a report trending in the social media regarding a certain Dominic Akpan who claims to have resigned from the employ of the Commission to join the #EndSARS Movement.

He cited undisclosed “ugly experiences” he had within the Commission for his action.

Sponsored

The EFCC wishes to inform the public that Akpan is not a staff of the Commission. He merely served as a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member in the Port Harcourt zonal office of the Commission from November 2019 to October 16, 2020 when he completed his national service.

He therefore could not have resigned from the EFCC to join the #End SARS Movement.

The stunt by Akpan is nothing but crass opportunism. And, seeking to achieve his selfish objectives riding on the crest of the popular protests by the youth, clamouring for institutional reform in Nigeria, is a disservice to the #EndSARS  Movement.

The EFCC therefore urges members of the public to disregard the report, in addition to the one which also claims that the Commission’s website had been hacked.

Though there were attempts, over the weekend, to compromise the website by some cyber criminals the attacks were successfully repelled. The EFCC website is up and running.

 

EFCC confirms attack on its website, disowns lawyer who allegedly resigned from the agency to join the #EndSARS protest

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENDSARS

Northern Governors are not against disbandment of SARS – Governor Lalong

Published

on

Sponsored

Governor Simon Lalong has made a clarification on the stance of Northern Governors on the disbandment of controversial police unit, Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

 

Lalong who is the chairman of Northern Governors Forum on Wednesday November 18, said they are not against the scrapping of SARS contrary to some misconceptions in some quarters.

ALSO READ:  Bring down Lekki Toll Gate permanently and build a statue for every one killed that night - Cross River State Health Commissioner, Dr. Betta Edu

 

He said;

 

“The Northern Governors Forum is not against the disbandment of SARS as misconstrued in some quarters. We rather caution against the blanket condemnation of the police that can erode the confidence and zeal of the hardworking and honest ones in performing their duties of protecting lives and properties.”

Sponsored

 

Reiterating the region’s commitment in tackling the several challenges facing the region, Lalong said the forum will collaborate with Federal Government and security agencies to address the issues of banditry, terrorism, kidnapping, and other criminal activities.

 

He added;

 

“We must tackle the current challenges of insecurity in the region which is dominated by insurgency, kidnapping, banditry, rape, child abuse and trafficking and other conflicts.

“We shall continue to work with the Federal Government and security agencies to tackle crime and criminality. That is why we have supported a comprehensive reform of police architecture in the country.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

Published

on

Sponsored

CNN has released its findings from an independent investigation carried out on the October 20 shooting incident at the Lekki tollgate.

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

CNN shared footage of what appears to be soldiers shooting at the #EndSARS protesters who had gathered at the tollgate to press home their demands to end SARS as well as end police brutality.

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

CNN in its investigation spoke with a man, Elisha Sunday, whose brother, Victor, was killed during the October 20th shooting incident.

ALSO READ:  Bring down Lekki Toll Gate permanently and build a statue for every one killed that night - Cross River State Health Commissioner, Dr. Betta Edu

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

The media house also spoke with some of the protesters who were at the scene when the shooting occurred. They claim the soldiers indeed fired shots at them.

 

The media house also tracked the bullets shells seen at the Toll Gate and the companies that supplied the Nigerian Army Weapons since 2005

Sponsored

 

Recall Nigeria drew global attention when military men stormed the Lekki toll plaza where #EndSARS protesters gathered and fired gunshots.

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: Man who suffered gunshot wound at Lekki Toll Gate accused of stealing phone at a hospital where he was admitted for free (video)

 

Shortly after the incident, Governor Sanwo-Olu in a press conference stated that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. On October 26, the governor granted an interview to CNN where he stated that only two deaths were recorded from the incident. He added that he visited the scene the next day and couldn’t find bloodstains.

 

On the day of the incident, the Nigerian Army took to its Twitter handle to deny claims its personnel was at the scene of the incident.

ALSO READ:  "He fired directly at the shop not in the air" - Fiancé of woman allegedly killed by stray bullet in Rivers state claims he saw the policeman who shot her

CNN releases findings from its independent investigation on Lekki shooting; shares videos of what appears to be soldiers shooting directly at the crowd

On October 27, the Army broke its silence and alleged that the Lagos state governor invited them to help quell the violence that erupted after the protest was hijacked by hoodlums. Read here.

 

Watch the video from CNN’s independent investigation below

 

B

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

Recent violence has set Lagos economy back by tens of billions of Naira – Governor Sanwo-Olu says

Published

on

Sponsored

Lagos state governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says the widespread carnage witnessed in the state after the #EndSARS protest was hijacked by hoodlums, has caused the state economy to lose billions of naira.

 

The governor stated this at the launch of the Rebuild Lagos consultative forum which held on Monday November 16. According to Sanwo Olu, the violence is the most widespread carnage Lagos has seen in decades and the level of destruction is worrisome.

ALSO READ:  Governor Akeredolu calls for suspension of #EndSARS protest, says it has been hijacked by hoodlums and political thugs
Sponsored

 

“The violence has no doubt set our economy back by tens of billions of Naira and impacted our confidence. Beyond the physical and economic impact, there has also been the psychological damage; the fear, the terror, the helplessness that all of the victims have felt, the questions about how or where do we start from?

Every aspect of life and livelihood in Lagos was affected – government buildings offices, public monuments, and historical archives, public infrastructure like our BRT buses, and, very sadly too, private property and investments – malls, shops, small businesses, residences and many more,” Governor Sanwo-Olu said

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort