Dr Dre’s estranged wife, Nicole Young is now under investigation for allegedlyÂ embezzling more than $385,000 from the rapper’s business account amid the couple’s $1billion divorce.
TMZ reported on Tuesday that Dr. Dre’s business partner, Larry Chatman, filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department claiming that Young withdrew $385,000 from the business account without authorization.
Young had earlier claimed in proceedings that she was entitled to the money since she was a trustee of the account. But Chatman’s attorneys, however, claimed that her name was removed after the first withdrawal, meaning she had no legal access to the funds.
Chatman believes Young stole this money and embezzled the cash withÂ the Los Angeles Police Department now looking into these allegations.
Last month, Dr. Dre and his legal team sent communications to Young and her team demanding the money be put back into the account immediately or she would face legal action.
Young’s lawyer, Bryan Freedman called the move ‘a clear attempt to smear Nicole’s name,’ telling TMZ she was authorized to withdraw the cash amid the marital split.
If Young is brought up on charges, then she could be facing time for embezzlement.
Nicole Young filed for divorce from the rapper after 24 years of marriage in June. The splitting couple have two adult children together: son Truice and daughter Truly.
#EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira
The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested ten suspectsÂ who took advantage of the #EndSARS protests to carry out wanten desctruction and looting of government and private properties in the state.
Briefing newsmen on Friday, October 23, at the command Headquarters in Ikot Akpan Abia, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Amiegheme Andrew said that the Command also recovered stolen properties worth millions of naira
“It is with a heart full of pains that I address you today. The events of the last 24 hours has given me and every concerned Akwa Ibomite a great course for concern. As the lead Agency in internal security, we have great respect for peaceful protest and we have acted professionally during its progression in the State,” he said.
“However, yesterday, some youths with evil intentions in the guise of # ENDSARS went about vandalizing, looting and burning some Government and private property including the Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation (AKBC), Anchor Insurance, De Choice Shopping Mall, L.G showroom, and Access Bank Plc,”
“I have visited all the said places today with my Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, DCP Auwal M. Mohammad, and have made an on-the-spot assessment of damages done.
I commend the State Governmentâ€™s timely intervention through the imposition of curfew as I today went round to ensure strict compliance, and we will continue to do so.
“Gentlemen of the press, am however delighted to inform you that our quick deployment of Anti-Riot Policemen in conjunction with the efforts of sister security agencies such as the Army and DSS, and the efforts of the State Government has restored normalcy in Uyo and the State in general.
However, the Commandâ€™s efforts have yielded positive results leading to the arrest of the following persons:
I. Victor Udoeka Effiong â€˜mâ€™
ii. Emediong Michael James â€˜fâ€™
iii. Imedimfon Ime James â€˜mâ€™
iv. Isaac John Udoh â€˜mâ€™
v. Sunday Michael James â€˜mâ€™
vi. Wisdom Godswill Reuben â€˜mâ€™
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
viii. Akaninyene Abraham Livinus â€˜mâ€™
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo â€˜mâ€™,
The Command also recovered fourteen Deep Freezers, six Refrigerators, eight flat Screen Televisions.
Four (4) water dispensers,
Sixteen (16) bags of rice,
Four (4) Air conditions,
Three ( 3 ) Gas Cookers,
A printer, Tables, chairs, and other items
The CP further said: “The Command will stop at nothing in ensuring that all the looted items are recovered. Lastly, while I thank the good people of the State for their peaceful disposition and continued partnership, I wish to call on the perpetrators of these dastardly acts to desist forthwith and toe the part of peace, or be willing to bear the full weight of the law, as the Command under my watch will not allow anyone to derail the peaceful nature of the State henceforth.”
Former NFL player, Dana Stubblefield sentenced to 15 years to life for raping a disabled woman
Former San Francisco 49ers player, Dana Stubblefield has been sentenced toÂ 15 years to life in prison for the 2015 rape of a developmentally disabled woman.
The Santa Clara District Attorney’s Office said in a statementÂ the 49-year-old was sentenced on Thursday, October 22, by a judge in San Jose after denying a defense motion for a new trial.
He was convicted in July following a nine-month trial after a jury found him guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force, and false imprisonment after having lured the woman to his home with the promise of babysitting work. The jury also found that he used a gun in the assault.
A day before the April 2015 assault, Stubblefield contacted the then 31-year-old woman on a baby-sitting website and arranged an interview, prosecutors said.
The Morgan Hill Police Department said the woman’s interview lasted about 20 minutes. She later received a text from Stubblefield saying he wanted to pay her for her time that day, and she went back to the house.
After raping her, Stubblefield gave her $80 and let her go. But on her way home, the woman immediately went to the police and reported the rape, the report said.
“‘No’ meant nothing to this defendant,” said Deputy District Attorney Tim McInerny. “Based on his status, I think he was never held accountable for prior criminal behavior. Today, he was properly held accountable.”
Stubblefield’s attorney, Allen Sawyer disagreed with the jury’s finding, saying: “We are as adamant as ever that Mr. Stubblefield is innocent,” he told CNN.
He believes the victim is not intellectually disabled and says the evidence to prove it was excluded from the trial.
Sawyer also disclosed he will file an appeal with the hope of ‘reintroducing excluded evidence, arguing additionally that holding a trial during a pandemic created an atmosphere that unduly impacted the jurors’ decision.
Stubblefield played in the NFL as a defensive tackle starting in 1993, when he won NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year with the 49ers. He also played for Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders but retired due to an injury shortly after being signed by the New England Patriots in 2004.
He won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in 1997, made three All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams, and he won a Super Bowl ring with the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX.
Anambra Police confirm attack on police formations, killing of DPO and station officer by hoodlums (graphic photos)
The Anambra State Police Command has confirmed Friday’s attacks on various police formations in Nnewi South Local Government Area of the State by suspected hoodlum.
Spokesperson of the command, SP Haruna Mohammed, who disclosed this in a statement said that the DPO of Osumeyi Division and two other police officers were fatally wounded during the attack.
He said the injured police officers were rushed to the hospital whereÂ the DPO and the Station officer were confirmed dead.
“On the 23/10/2020 between 8:30am and 6:30pm, hoodlums in large numbers under the guise of “END SARS” protesters attacked Amichi,Osumeyi,Ezinifite and Ukpor Divisions all under Nnewi South LGA of Anambra State,” the statement said.
He further disclosed that the suspects also attacked Oraifite Area Command/ Division, vandalized and set the facility ablaze carting away only exhibits but not Arms and ammunition.
Mohammed said: “The DPO Osumeyi Division and two others were fatally wounded during the attack.The injured police officers were rushed to the hospital for medical attention after which the DPO and the Station officer Osumeyi were confirmed dead by the medical Doctor while the other police Constable is responding to treatment. Corpses photographed and deposited at the morgue for autopsy,”
Consequently, the hoodlums equally torched part of Awgbu Division but were later repelled by the police in collaboration with members of the Communities.
He said six suspects were arrested in connection with the recent attack on 3-3 Police Station and effort is being intensified to arrest other fleeing perpetrators in order to bring them to book.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP John B.Abang appreciates the cooperation of some patriotic members of the public and urges them not to relent in their efforts during this trying period in order to restor lasting peace in the State. The public are equally enjoined to report any distress through the Command emergency number 07039194332 for prompt action please.” he added.