Connect with us

Vogue

Dolly Parton’s Black Lives Matter statement is now a mural in Nashville (photos)

Published

on

Sponsored

Dolly Parton’s Black Lives Matter statement which she made concerning the recent U.S. protests sparked by the death of George Floyd9h, is now a mural in Nashville

 

The legendary American singer, 74, made headlines when she expressed her support for Black Lives Matter movement in an interview with Billboard last month.

 

She said: “I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen, and of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white a**es are the only ones that matter? No!”

ALSO READ:  Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Farouq reportedly weds Chief Of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar

 

Parton’s remarks caught the attention of artist Kim Radford who had to make something special out it.

 

Dolly Parton?s Black Lives Matter statement is now a mural in Nashville (photos)

 

The Nashville-based muralist said she was already crafting a work of Parton on the side of The 5 Spot music venue when she stumbled on the statement in an article.

 

“I looked at her quote in particular and it was so sassy and a sensitive comment about something’s [sic] that got a lot of friction in the air right now,”Radford told a local reporter.

ALSO READ:  Lekki residents defy heavy downpour as they continue #EndSARS protest (photos/videos)
Sponsored

 

“And she just treated it just like Dolly does: lovingly. And it was just perfect.” Radford then incorporated the quote into her project.

 

The mural at The 5 Spot music venue features a bright-smiled Parton and her signature curly blonde hair. She is also surrounded by flowers and sparkles with her comment boldly displayed.

 

Dolly Parton?s Black Lives Matter statement is now a mural in Nashville (photos)

 

Radford admits that it all was a “happy coincidence” and she just couldn’t help but add more of Parton’s essence into the mural. “I wanted it to be a real display of an icon, [in a] fun, bright, artistic way,” she says.

ALSO READ:  "Do not split bill with a man" popular lesbian, Amara advices women and gives her reason

 

“It’s a representation of an icon that Americans and really people across the globe are really proud to know and love her music.”

 

According to Radford, the mural has become a popular spot for tourists and selfie lovers and is something for her and others in the community to simply take pride in.

 

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vogue

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Published

on

Sponsored

Romain Grosjean, 34, has shared multiple updates from the hospital after he miraculously survived a horror crash that broke his car in half and saw it go up in flames while he was still in it.

 

The Haas-Ferrari driver said from the hospital that he is “loving life” after suffering only burns in Sunday’s horror Formula One crash.

ALSO READ:  Lekki residents defy heavy downpour as they continue #EndSARS protest (photos/videos)

 

His car crashed into a barrier early on during the Bahrain Grand Prix and his vehicle subsequently exploded into a fireball.

 

Viewers were stunned to see the French-Swiss veteran walk away from the wreckage seemingly injury free after race stewards quickly intervened with a fire extinguisher.

 

It was later revealed that Grosjean would need to stay in hospital overnight to be treated for burns on his hands.

ALSO READ:  "Do not split bill with a man" popular lesbian, Amara advices women and gives her reason

 

With large bandages visible in his latest update on Instagram, the driver wrote: “Thank you so much for all your messages. Loving life.”

Sponsored

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

 

In an initial post, he said: “Hello everyone, I just wanted to say I am OK – well, sort of OK.

ALSO READ:  Nigerians reacts as IGP creates SWAT as replacement for SARS

 

“Thank you very much for all the messages. I wasn’t for the halo some years ago, but I think it’s the greatest thing that we’ve brought to Formula 1.

 

“Without it I wouldn’t be able to speak with you today.”

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

Published

on

Sponsored

A 3-year-old girl has been found safe and reunited with her mother after she went missing for six hours in Diobu area of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

 

The Commander of Diobu Vigilante group, Godstime Ihunwo, who confirmed the incident on Sunday, November 29, said that the child went missing due to the ”carelessness” of her mother.

ALSO READ:  Army didn’t learn from murder of Boko Haram founder - Suswam speaks on killing of wanted militia leader, Gana
Sponsored

 

“Thanks b 2 God almighty as me & my boys in conjunction with 3 God-fearing & kind hearted men, whom out of their efforts made our job easier in rescuing one Miss Chinaza Ikpe, a 3 years old girl child that went missing 6 hours ago, at about 1pm 2day 29/11/2020, just bcs of d carelessness of her mother Mrs Chinasa. d Child has been handed over 2 d mother by me COMR. GODSTIME W. IHUNWO, d C.S.O./Commander Diobu Vigilante, RUMUELECHI COMMUNITY M/3 UNIT” he said.

ALSO READ:  Nigerians reacts as IGP creates SWAT as replacement for SARS

 

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Niger workers to resume suspended strike action on Tuesday

Published

on

Sponsored

Workers in Niger state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), have disclosed that they will be resuming their suspended indefinite strike action over the decision of the State Government to pay the November salaries of civil servants on a percentage basis.

 

Leaders of the organized labour in the state said the strike will resume on Tuesday, 1st December 2020 should the government fails to address their grievances.

ALSO READ:  A side chic is a glorified prostitute - Eucharia Anunobi

 

The NLC disclosed this in a letter addressed to Governor Dani Bello through the Niger Head of Service and signed by NLC Chairman, Comrade Yakubu Garba and TUC Chairman, Comrade Tanimu Yunusa.

 

It read;

 

“We write on behalf of the State Executive Council (SEC) of Niger State Organised Labour to convey to your esteemed office the harmonized position of the affiliate unions as follows:

Sponsored

“That Niger State Government should refund the slashed June 2020 2020 salaries to desirable civil servants latest Tuesday, 1st December.

“That the discussion on payment of outstanding October 2020 salaries of local government workers must be conclusive on or before Tuesday, December 1, 2020.

“That the proposal by Niger State Government to pay November 2020 salaries of LGAs and state workers on a percentage basis is unacceptable and vehemently rejected.

“That failure of the government to address issues 1, 2 and 3 above, the Organized Labour will be left with no other option than to resume the earlier suspended indefinite strike action effective midnight of
Tuesday, December 1, 2020.”

 

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell