Connect with us

Vogue

Chile Police Chief resigns after police shot two teenagers

Published

on

Sponsored

Mario Rozas, Chile’s police chief sent in his resignation on Thursday November 19 after months of controversy over alleged rights abuses and excessive use of force by the country’s security forces.

 

Reuters reported that his resignation came immediately after police officers allegedly shot and wounded two boys during a raid at the offices of Chile’s child welfare service in Talcahuano, a coastal port city south of the capital Santiago on Wednesday November 17.

ALSO READ:  Nigerian man escapes death penalty as Singapore's Court of Appeal in rare reversal acquits him of drug trafficking 10 years after his arrest

 

President Sebastian Pinera who accepted the resignation of Mario Rozas, said he shared “the reasons and arguments” he had given for resigning. He appreciated and admired the police chief’s work, and added that Rozas had served at a “extraordinarily difficult and complex time.”

ALSO READ:  We’re ending estimated electricity billing – President Buhari
Sponsored

 

Rozas who will be replaced by police general Ricardo Yanez (his second in command), came under heavy scrutiny last year, after thousands of Chileans were injured in clashes with police during mass protests over inequality. Those incidents prompted a groundswell of allegations of abuse against the country’s security forces by global and national rights groups.

ALSO READ:  Man falls asleep near bridge in Lagos

 

While many of those cases are still under investigation, Rozas has long denied those abuses were systemic or in any way condoned by police leadership.

 

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vogue

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Published

on

Sponsored

Romain Grosjean, 34, has shared multiple updates from the hospital after he miraculously survived a horror crash that broke his car in half and saw it go up in flames while he was still in it.

 

The Haas-Ferrari driver said from the hospital that he is “loving life” after suffering only burns in Sunday’s horror Formula One crash.

ALSO READ:  ''Any pastor who divorces his wife and remarries another person has no business on the pulpit'' — Clergyman Izuchukwu says

 

His car crashed into a barrier early on during the Bahrain Grand Prix and his vehicle subsequently exploded into a fireball.

 

Viewers were stunned to see the French-Swiss veteran walk away from the wreckage seemingly injury free after race stewards quickly intervened with a fire extinguisher.

 

It was later revealed that Grosjean would need to stay in hospital overnight to be treated for burns on his hands.

ALSO READ:  Moment Ojora indigenes stopped hoodlums from vandalizing their community King's palace (video)

 

With large bandages visible in his latest update on Instagram, the driver wrote: “Thank you so much for all your messages. Loving life.”

Sponsored

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

 

In an initial post, he said: “Hello everyone, I just wanted to say I am OK – well, sort of OK.

ALSO READ:  Woman petrified as CCTV shows mysterious figure coming out of her baby's room )

 

“Thank you very much for all the messages. I wasn’t for the halo some years ago, but I think it’s the greatest thing that we’ve brought to Formula 1.

 

“Without it I wouldn’t be able to speak with you today.”

 

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Romain Grosjean shares update from hospital after horror Formula 1 crash

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

Published

on

Sponsored

A 3-year-old girl has been found safe and reunited with her mother after she went missing for six hours in Diobu area of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

 

The Commander of Diobu Vigilante group, Godstime Ihunwo, who confirmed the incident on Sunday, November 29, said that the child went missing due to the ”carelessness” of her mother.

ALSO READ:  Nigerian man escapes death penalty as Singapore's Court of Appeal in rare reversal acquits him of drug trafficking 10 years after his arrest
Sponsored

 

“Thanks b 2 God almighty as me & my boys in conjunction with 3 God-fearing & kind hearted men, whom out of their efforts made our job easier in rescuing one Miss Chinaza Ikpe, a 3 years old girl child that went missing 6 hours ago, at about 1pm 2day 29/11/2020, just bcs of d carelessness of her mother Mrs Chinasa. d Child has been handed over 2 d mother by me COMR. GODSTIME W. IHUNWO, d C.S.O./Commander Diobu Vigilante, RUMUELECHI COMMUNITY M/3 UNIT” he said.

ALSO READ:  ''Any pastor who divorces his wife and remarries another person has no business on the pulpit'' — Clergyman Izuchukwu says

 

Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers Missing 3-year-old girl found safe and reunited with her mother in Rivers

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Vogue

Niger workers to resume suspended strike action on Tuesday

Published

on

Sponsored

Workers in Niger state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), have disclosed that they will be resuming their suspended indefinite strike action over the decision of the State Government to pay the November salaries of civil servants on a percentage basis.

 

Leaders of the organized labour in the state said the strike will resume on Tuesday, 1st December 2020 should the government fails to address their grievances.

ALSO READ:  We’re ending estimated electricity billing – President Buhari

 

The NLC disclosed this in a letter addressed to Governor Dani Bello through the Niger Head of Service and signed by NLC Chairman, Comrade Yakubu Garba and TUC Chairman, Comrade Tanimu Yunusa.

 

It read;

 

“We write on behalf of the State Executive Council (SEC) of Niger State Organised Labour to convey to your esteemed office the harmonized position of the affiliate unions as follows:

Sponsored

“That Niger State Government should refund the slashed June 2020 2020 salaries to desirable civil servants latest Tuesday, 1st December.

“That the discussion on payment of outstanding October 2020 salaries of local government workers must be conclusive on or before Tuesday, December 1, 2020.

“That the proposal by Niger State Government to pay November 2020 salaries of LGAs and state workers on a percentage basis is unacceptable and vehemently rejected.

“That failure of the government to address issues 1, 2 and 3 above, the Organized Labour will be left with no other option than to resume the earlier suspended indefinite strike action effective midnight of
Tuesday, December 1, 2020.”

 

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort