Connect with us

Travel

BREAKING: Prepare to restart of international flights, travelers must arrive three hours before international flights —- FG to Aviation authorities

Published

on

Sponsored

The federal government of Nigeria and the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 has asked the aviation authorities and airline operators to begin the process for the restart of international flights.

With the reopening of domestic airports for domestic flights in July after over four months of closure due to the coronavirus pandemic, travelers had been in high hopes for the resumption of international flights.

The PTF National Coordinator, Sani Aliyu, during a briefing on Thursday in Abuja, said the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority and other agencies, as well as airlines, should commence the process for the restart of international flights.

ALSO READ:  104 Unity Schools to reopen on Tuesday – FG

According to Aliyu, passengers would arrive three hours before flights when the country’s airspace finally opens for international operations.

He said,

Sponsored

“Specific to air transportation, as you are aware, domestic flights have already resumed, the railway sector has also restarted. For international travel, we have made recommendations to the aviation industry to commence the process for opening international airports provided all existing international and local Covid-19 protocols are in place.

ALSO READ:  FG to announce details for 3rd phase of lockdown

“We have modified the protocol for passenger arrivals at the airports. Domestic passengers arriving at the airports are advised to arrive one hour before their flights and three hours before international flights when this restarts.”

“There might be requirements for additional infrastructure in some of the airports. What we want to do, and we have made it very clear at the PTF is, we want to reooen as soon as possible but in a safe manner that does not put at risk all the efforts we have made to control this pandemic.

ALSO READ:  FG rescues 30 Nigerian ladies stranded in Lebanon

“Hopefully, the airports would open in weeks, rather than months. That is what we are looking at”, he added.

Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control NCDC Dr Chikwe Iheakwazu said the National Council on Health which held its meeting on Thursday resolved that the sector must continue to work harder to halt the spread of the virus in order to be able to fully reopen the economy.More in Home

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Travel

Eight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in Calabar

Published

on

Sponsored

Eight passengers and a driver escaped death by the whiskers on Tuesday September 8, after a huge tree branch broke off from its trunk and fell on a vehicle in Calabar, the Cross River State capita.

 

The incident which occurred at the Beebosco junction involved a mini bus that was conveying seven passengers along the Murtala Mohammed Highway.

ALSO READ:  School feeding programme gulped over N500m during lockdown - Minister of humanitarian affairs, Sadiya Farouq claims

 

According to reports from the scene, the driver, Blessing Eyo Nsa is said to have stopped to drop a passenger when the unfortunate incident happened. No passenger is said to have sustained any physical injury while the driver lamented over his damaged vehicle.

ALSO READ:  FG rescues 30 Nigerian ladies stranded in Lebanon
Sponsored

 

The Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Mfon Bassey Mfon, who arrived the scene, confirmed it was “an accident.”

 

ALSO READ:  “Nigerians are not banned from Dubai” – Tourism official says

The incident hindered free flow of vehicles but men of Nigeria Police Force arrived on time to prevent traffic jam.

 

Eight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in CalabarEight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in CalabarEight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in CalabarEight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in CalabarEight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in CalabarEight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in CalabarEight escapes death as huge tree falls on commercial bus in Calabar

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Travel

Lepacious Bose recounts breaking down on a plane after she lost weight and was finally able to travel without needing a seat belt extension

Published

on

Sponsored

Lepacious Bose has recounted the embarrassing moments she had to endure because seat belts couldn’t go round her waist due to her weight and how she cried the first time she travelled on a plane without needing seat belt extensions.

 

The comedian said her weight meant the seat belt in her car couldn’t connect so she always had to hold it with her hand whenever she passed LASTMA officials, to avoid being punished for not using a seat belt.

 

She also recounted travelling on a plane with male comedians and being too ashamed to request a seat belt extension because she didn’t want them to mock her.

 

On other occasions, while travelling by air, she said she had to ask for a seat belt extension and it made her feel ashamed.

ALSO READ:  FG to announce details for 3rd phase of lockdown

 

She eventually lost weight and found that on one of her flights, she didn’t need a seat belt extension because it connected without one.

 

She said she cried then as she remembered all the embarrassing moments she had endured up until that moment.

Sponsored

 

Lepacious Bose recounts breaking down on a plane after she lost weight and was finally able to travel without needing a seat belt extension

 

Recounting the incident, she wrote.

 

No it is not a movie and no one died.
This was the first time I would travel in years without needing a seat belt extension!!!!! I simply pulled the belt and it clicked and I broke down in the plane and cried…..oh how I cried…..i cried for so many reasons.

1. For the shame I felt for years everytime the plane crew handed the extension to me and the look people gave me.
2. I cried because I remembered traveling with a group of comedians (great guys) but I did not want then to make fun of me, I flew 6 hours without using a seat belt…… I could not bear to ask for extension and I acted like it was together.
3. I cried because I remembered how many times I held the seat belt in a car so that lasma would not stop me but the seat belt never connected so I just held it till I passed them.
4. I cried for a million and one reasons I can not write about…..
5. I cried because I remembered how many times I got to sit by the exit with leg room and i was politely told I was too overweight to sit there…..in case of an emergency it is assumed a big person will not move fast enough…… Hmmm….
6. I cried because I remembered various times I sat beside evil nasty people in planes who acted like sitting beside me was depriving them of oxygen……
.
.
.
Oh I cried. And when google photos popped this picture this morning I cried again…… Not because am sad or miserable but because am GRATEFUL!
.
NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE THAT WOMAN

 

ALSO READ:  FG directs civil servants on levels 12 and 13 to resume work

Lepacious Bose recounts breaking down on a plane after she lost weight and was finally able to travel without needing a seat belt extension

Lepacious Bose recounts breaking down on a plane after she lost weight and was finally able to travel without needing a seat belt extension

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Gist

“Nigerians are not banned from Dubai” – Tourism official says

Published

on

Sponsored

Stella Fubara-Obinwa, its Director Africa, International Operations, made this known during a webinar organised by the National Association of Nigeria Travel Agencies (NANTA), themed “Tourism Business Opportunities in Face of New Normal.”

Fubara-Obinwa said there was never a time, nor was there any publication, which reported that Nigerians had been banned from visiting the UAE.

“I challenge people to show me any publication from the United Arab Emirates which states that Nigerians had been banned from the country.

ALSO READ:  “Nigerians are not banned from Dubai” – Tourism official says

“This is fake news and am not happy with the development from the Nigeria travel agents.

“Nigeria is very important to Dubai; Nigeria has the highest number of travelers to Dubai, out of the 41 sub-Sahara countries.

Sponsored

“As a matter of fact, Dubai is ready to accommodate visitors, likewise every hospitality business, while we adhere to the new COVID-19 restrictions,” she said.

ALSO READ:  FG to announce details for 3rd phase of lockdown

Fubara-Obinwa said Dubai had been opened to tourists from July 7, adding that safety measures had been put in place across all hospitality and tourism outfits.

She noted that Dubai was recently recognised as a safe destination by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).

ALSO READ:  Lepacious Bose recounts breaking down on a plane after she lost weight and was finally able to travel without needing a seat belt extension

According to her, in Dubai now, a tourist is expected to have a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test at any accredited laboratory in their countries, 96 hours before embarking on a trip to Dubai.

She explained that this would make travellers ascertain their COVID-19 status prior to their journey to Dubai to guide against spreading the virus.

Sponsored

Continue Reading