Connect with us

Viral News

27 stranded Nigerian girls evacuated from Lebanon

Published

on

Sponsored

The federal government has confirmed the arrival of 27 stranded Nigerian girls who were recently evacuated from Lebanon.

 

Ferdinand Nwonye, Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who received the girls on behalf of the Minister for Foreign Affairs Geoffrey Onyeama, said they arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Sunday September 6.

ALSO READ:  US Election: Another county in Georgia uncovers 2,700 missing votes during recount- Secretary of State’s office says

 

He said the girls tested negative for COVID-19 before embarking on the journey and were evacuated in line with the FG’s guidelines on COVID-19 evacuations. They will also be allowed to go home after 14 days of self-isolation.

 

Nwonye said;

 

 “I am here on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs who facilitated this return, together with the Ministry of Aviation, Embassy of Nigeria in Beirut, the Lebanese Embassy in Nigeria and the Lebanese community in Nigeria.

Sponsored

“These are the individuals and institutions that made it possible for you to be here today.

“It is unfortunate the situation you passed through; which is why the ministries concerned made sure you are here today and we are telling you that you are now home today and nothing will happen to you.

“Make sure you follow the protocols they advised you on; you know what to do to recover your passports again.

“You are welcome back home and I wish you journey mercies to your various destinations.”

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Viral News

Kidnapped wife of Akeredolu’s chief of staff regains freedom

Published

on

Sponsored

Sade Ale, wife of Olugbenga Ale, chief of staff to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state has regained freedom.

 

Sade who was returning from a business trip to Lagos, was abducted at Owena in Idanre local government area of the state on Thursday night alongside her driver and another woman.

ALSO READ:  Petrol to now sell at N168-170 per litre as NNPC raises petrol depot price

 

It was gathered that she was released on Saturday morning after the hunters and other security agencies got to the location where the kidnappers kept their victims.

ALSO READ:  'Having courage is a beautiful thing' - Trump reacts after Michigan Electoral board refused to certify that Biden won the state
Sponsored

 

The Nation reported that some suspects have been arrested in relation to the kidnapping. A source said;

 

“I can confirm to you that the wife of the Chief of Staff has secured her freedom and on her way to Akure. She was released without paying the ransom as she was rescued by Amotekun and local hunters.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Viral News

Vatican begins investigation after Pope’s Instagram page likes a racy photo of a scantily clad Brazilian model

Published

on

By

Sponsored

The Vatican has launched an investigation into the Pope’s Instagram account after his official page “liked” a raunchy picture of a scantily clad Brazilian bikini model, Natalia Garibotto.

The Oct. 5 photo shows Garibotto wearing a racy outfit along with the caption,

“I can teach you a thing or two,” and a happy devil emoji.

Francis’ verified Instagram account, Franciscus, was one of the pages liking Natalia Garibotto’s photo before it abruptly “unliked” the image last week, according to the Catholic News Agency.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria will save over N1trn annually from removal of fuel subsidy – Sylva

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

The Brazilian model, who has been celebrating the pope’s supposed endorsement also took to Twitter afterwards and wrote,

“At least I’m going to heaven.”

In another tweet, she wrote:

 “Brb on my way to the Vatican.”

Sponsored

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

Speaking with Barstool Sports, the Brazilian model said:

“My mum may hate my ass pics but the Pope be double-tapping.”

In a statement, the Catholic News Agency said: “The picture “liked” by Pope Francis’ verified account, Franciscus, features Brazilian model and Twitch streamer Natalia Garibotto wearing a lingerie outfit that resembles a school uniform. Garibotto’s mostly-uncovered posterior is visible in the picture. The exact time of the “like” is unclear, but it was visible and reported by news outlets on November 13.”

Vatican begins investigation after Pope

“The photograph was unliked on November 14, after CNA asked the Holy See Press Office for comment. An official for the Holy See Press Office declined to comment on the event.”

Sources close to the Vatican leadership told the outlet that an internal probe is underway to determine how the “like” happened.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Viral News

US Election: Another county in Georgia uncovers 2,700 missing votes during recount- Secretary of State’s office says

Published

on

By

Sponsored

2700 missing votes have been found in a county in Georgia, one of the battleground states Joe Biden won in the just concluded Secretary election, the Secretary of State’s Office has announced.

This is the second county in the state to have found missing votes, since the electoral audit in the state started after US president Trump requested a recount and started legal proceedings stating that the election was rigged.

During the hand recount on Tuesday November 17, Fayette County uncovered 2,755 votes that were not included in the initial count. Secretary of State official Gabriel Sterling said those ballots were scanned onto a card, but those votes were never uploaded into the initial count. He says there were several backups designed to catch this issue meaning workers were responsible for not following procedure.

ALSO READ:  Man becomes instant millionaire after meteor worth more than £1.4m crashes into his roof

US Election: Another county in Georgia uncovers 2,700 missing votes during recount- Secretary of State?s office says

The news comes as Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, has started firing back after more than a week of criticism from Donald Trump and Republicans.

Raffensperger says it was the president’s own attacks on absentee ballots that cost him the election in Georgia.

“He would have won by 10,000 votes. He actually suppressed, depressed his own voting base,” Raffensperger said to Channel 2 investigative reporter Justin Gray.

Sponsored

The Secretary of State added that some 24,500 Georgia Republicans who voted absentee in the June primary elections, didn’t vote in the general election.

“Those 24,000 people did not vote in the fall. They did not vote absentee because they were told by the president, ‘Don’t vote absentee it’s not secure.’ But then they did not vote in person,” Raffensperger said.

The deadline for the statewide audit is Wednesday at midnight.

Of the votes that are now being added to the total, 1,577 were for President Donald Trump, 1,128 for Joe Biden and the rest were for Jo Jorgenson or write-ins. Even with the recount, Biden still leads Trump by 12,929 votes.

Fayette is the second county to report an issue with missing votes. On Monday, Floyd County uncovered 2,600 votes that were missed during the initial count on election night. The Secretary of State’s office said it was human error and called for the elections director in the county to step down. An investigation has been opened in the county.

Those votes changed the margin by about 800 in favor of President Trump.

All counting in counties must be completed by midnight Wednesday so the state can certify its election results by Friday.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

wso shell