Connect with us

Sad

24-year-old woman killed by lightning strike two weeks after her wedding

Published

on

Sponsored

A  24-year-old woman was struck dead by lightning two weeks after her wedding in Namukanaga village, Namungalwe sub-county Iganga district, Uganda.

 

The deceased, Kamuya Nabirye, died on spot after being hit by lightning as she sat on a bench inside her house, while carrying her three-month-old daughter during a heavy downpour on Monday, October 5.

 

Speaking to New Vision Uganda on Tuesday October 6, the deceased’s husband, Awali Nabatya, who was sharing a bench with his wife at the time, said all he saw was a bright light strike through the window in the sitting room, followed by a loud bang.

ALSO READ:  Woman allegedly stabs her fiance to death in South Africa

 

24-year-old woman killed by lightning strike two weeks after her wedding

 

Nabatya said he later saw his wife drop their three months old daughter before falling down on the floor.

ALSO READ:  Nigerian scholarship students living from "hand-to-mouth" abroad as their funds have still not arrived 12 months later
Sponsored

 

“I realized that there could be trouble and I ran to my neighbors alerting them about what had happened,” he narrated.

 

The Local Council 1 secretary for defense, Muzamiru Mudoola, said residents rushed to the scene only to find that Nabirye had already passed on.

 

Mudoola urged the government to provide residents with lightning arresters at a cheap rate, to avoid similar incidents.

ALSO READ:  Young man shot dead as hoodlums clash in Mushin

 

He said four people have died in the same village after being hit by lightning since the start of the year.

 

The deceased had been officially married to her husband two weeks back, and they returned returned from their honeymoon two days before the unfortunate incident.

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sad

Kensington Palace releases statement to mourn Prince William and Kate Middleton’s dog, Lupo

Published

on

Sponsored

Prince William and Kate Middleton have been left heartbroken after their dog Lupo died over the weekend.

 

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released a statement via their official Instagram account to mourn the dog.

 

Sharing a picture of their puppy, Kensington Palace wrote: “Very sadly last weekend our dear dog, Lupo, passed away. He has been at the heart of our family for the past nine years and we will miss him so much. – W & C”.

ALSO READ:  Two final year Delta State Poly students die in ghastly motor accident on the way to their graduation party

 

Kensington Palace releases statement to mourn Prince William and Kate Middleton

 

Lupo featured in many pictures with the royals, including one of the first official photos of Prince George.

ALSO READ:  Lagos LG boss, Babatunde Oke dies of COVID-19
Sponsored

 

Kensington Palace releases statement to mourn Prince William and Kate Middleton

 

The English cocker spaniel was bred from a dog which was owned by Michael and Carole Middleton, Kate’s parents.

 

He was given to the couple in 2011, and is believed to have helped them pick a name for Prince George.

ALSO READ:  Rapper, Tory Lanez responds to being charged with felony assault in Megan Thee Stallion shooting as his father pens message of support to him

 

The couple are said to have written names on various pieces of paper and scattered them on the floor.

 

Lupo wandered through them, but stopped when he reached the name George.

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Sad

Nigerian police denies reports its officer shot newspaper vendor dead in Abuja

Published

on

Sponsored

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has denied reports that a policeman attached to Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, fired the stray bullet that killed a newspaper vendor in Abuja on Thursday, November 19.

 

A statement released by the Public Relations Officer of the command, ASP Yusuf Mariam, preliminary investigation shows that the security agent who fired the shot was not a policeman as it has been widely reported.

ALSO READ:  Walter Carrington death - Ex-US Convoy to Nigeria dead

 

The statement reads

 

“The FCT Police Command wishes to unequivocally refute the allegation making round sections of the media that a Police officer attached to the convoy of the Speaker of the House of Representatives shot at a newspaper vendor within the Three Arm Zone on Thursday 19th November,2020.

Sponsored

“Contrary to the misleading information, preliminary investigation into the unfortunate incident reveals that the security aide who shot at the vendor is not a member of the Nigeria Police Force.

“However, the Commissioner of Police FCT CP. Bala Ciroma has ordered a discreet investigation into the incident.

“While commiserating with the family and friends of the deceased, the Commissioner of Police wishes to guarantee members of the public that the Command will be lucid in its investigation and ensure the findings are made public.”

Sponsored

Continue Reading

Crime

Kano Police recover decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed by kidnapper after collecting N500,000 ransom (photos)

Published

on

Sponsored

The Kano State Police Command has recovered the decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed and buried in a shallow grave by suspected kidnapper after collecting N500, 000 ransom from her family.

 

Recall that the 24-year old suspect, Habibu Sale kidnapped Asiya Tasiu in Chikawa village, Gabasawa Local Government Area of the state on June 6, 2020, when she was sent on an errand in her Aunty’s place who happened to be the suspect’s neighbour.

ALSO READ:  Young man shot dead as hoodlums clash in Mushin

 

Kano Police recover decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed by kidnapper after collecting N500,000 ransom (photos)

 

Spokesperson of the command, DSP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, who confirmed the incident while briefing newsmen at the command’s headquarters in Bompai Kano on Tuesday, November 17, said the suspect led a medical team as well as detectives to the scene where he buried the victim.

ALSO READ:  Walter Carrington death - Ex-US Convoy to Nigeria dead

 

The corpse was exhumed, examined and released to the relatives for burial according to Islamic rites.

Sponsored

 

“Even though that the suspect confessed to have carried out the kidnapping singlehandedly, the Command’s Commissioner of Police CP Habu A. Sani, further directed that advance discreet investigation be carried out for more possible breakthroughs and arrest of accomplices.” said DSP Haruna.

ALSO READ:  Lagos LG boss, Babatunde Oke dies of COVID-19

 

More photos below…

 

Kano Police recover decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed by kidnapper after collecting N500,000 ransom (photos)Kano Police recover decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed by kidnapper after collecting N500,000 ransom (photos)Kano Police recover decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed by kidnapper after collecting N500,000 ransom (photos)Kano Police recover decomposed body of 8-year-old girl killed by kidnapper after collecting N500,000 ransom (photos)

The suspect

Sponsored

Continue Reading

c99,r57,wso,b374k,mini,c99.txt,r57.txt,wso.txt,b374k.txt,mini.txt,php shell,r57 shell,c99 shell,wso shell,b374k shell,mini shell,asp shell,aspx shell

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort