Connect with us

ENDSARS

14 #EndSARS protesters arrested in Ughelli have been released – Governor Okowa

Published

on

Sponsored

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has revealed that the 14 #EndSARS protesters arrested in Ughelli area of Delta state, have been released.

ALSO READ:  "I have a feeling this is more than just SARS" John Boyega comments on the continued #EndSARS protest after SARS was dissolved

 

He said the action was taken in line with his administration’s commitment of meeting all the legitimate requests of the #EndSARS protesters in Delta State

ALSO READ:  Police officer beheaded and burnt to ashes by hoodlums in Anambra (graphic photos)

 

Okowa tweeted;

Sponsored

 

In line with our commitment to meet all the legitimate requests of the #EndSARS protesters in Delta State, all the protesters that were previously detained by the Police in Ughelli have been released.

by Linda Ikeji

Sponsored

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENDSARS

Lagos government relaxes curfew from 10pm to 6am

Published

on

Sponsored

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has again relaxed the curfew he imposed in Lagos state in the wake of the #EndSARS crisis which led to the destruction of properties.

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

 

The curfew which was formerly between 8pm to 6am, will now take effect from 10pm till 6am. The announcement was made in a statement released on Friday October 30, by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Gbenga Omotoso.

ALSO READ:  Actor Yul Edochie calls for President Buhari's resignation
Sponsored

 

Goverbor Sanwo-Olu urged all residents to go about their businesses in peace, even as they shun “actions that can threaten our unity.”

ALSO READ:  Silence is complacency, cyber bullying will not work - Fatima Ganduje-Ajimobi writes hours after stating that she is embarrassed to have supported "bunch of senseless and unpatriotic leaders''

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

Update: Police release 11-year-old boy arrested over his alleged involvement in attack on Edo police station

Published

on

Sponsored

Human rights advocate, Kola Edokpayi has secured the unconditional release of the 11-year-old boy arrested over his alleged involvement in the attack on a police station in Edo State.

 

Recall that the boy identified as Gift Osayuhi was arrested for allegedly joining the gang of hoodlums that attacked Oba Market police station at Evbuotubu area of Benin City. After the attack, the young boy was said to have worn the uniform of a police sergeant and declared himself as the Inspector General of Police (IGP)

ALSO READ:  Police officer beheaded and burnt to ashes by hoodlums in Anambra (graphic photos)

Update: Police release 11-year-old boy arrested over his alleged involvement in attack on Edo police station

 

Confirming the development on Friday October 30, Mr Edokpayi thanked the Edo State Commissioner of Police, CP Johnson Kokumo and the State Ministry of Justice for their understanding and cooperation.

Sponsored

 

He also disclosed that the boy, whose mother is a widow, said that his dream is to become the IGP.

 

“We have been able to secure the unconditional release of the 11 year old boy by name Gift Osayuhi whose picture went viral on social media yesterday for allegedly joining some miscreants to break into Oba Market Police station, took their police Uniform,wore it and declared himself as the new IG of Police during the ENDSARS protest. The boy was released to us after we undertook to rehabilitate and reform him,” said Mr Edokpayi.

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

 

“The young boy said his dream is to become the IG of Police and we also undertook to ensure the boy is giving a proper education so as to help help him achieve his dream. We sincerely thank Edo State Commissioner of Police and Edo State Ministry of Justice for the kind understanding and cooperation. We also met with his mother who told she is a widow who takes care of the children alone and the little boy usually assist her to sell water and drinks in Ring Road”

ALSO READ:  Cars destroyed as #EndSARS protesters were allegedly attacked at Lekki toll gate

 

Update: Police release 11-year-old boy arrested over his alleged involvement in attack on Edo police station

 

Sponsored

Continue Reading

ENDSARS

UK government admits training and supplying equipment to Nigeria’s SARS police unit

Published

on

Sponsored

The UK government has admitted providing training and equipment to Nigeria’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), after initially denying any ties.

 

The minister for Africa James Duddridge, who is one of Boris Johnson’s ministers, admitted British officials had trained officers from the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) between 2016 and 2020.

 

In a letter sent to Labour MP Kate Osamor on Thursday, October 29, the minister said SARS officers had participated in training “designed to improve human rights, training on public finance, and community policing workshops”.

ALSO READ:  President Buhari meets with National Assembly leaders over lingering #EndSARS protests

 

He also confirmed radio equipment was given to Nigerian police which was then used by SARS.

 

Ms Osamor – who had demanded the UK government reveal any ties to SARS – told The Independent: “It is shocking that in the middle of global protests to End SARS our government appears to have had no idea whether or not it was funding those very units.”

Sponsored

 

The MP said she had been told “categorically” by the minister earlier this month that no funding ever made its way to SARS units.

ALSO READ:  Cars destroyed as #EndSARS protesters were allegedly attacked at Lekki toll gate

 

“The government has now been forced to admit that it not only spent millions training SARS but also directly supplied them with equipment.”

 

She added: “The government now needs to explain how and why it ever felt it was appropriate to train and equip security forces which were known to have taken part in torture and extra-judicial killings.”

 

Sharing a copy of the letter to Twitter, Ms Osamor wrote: “On 19 October the Minister for Africa @JamesDuddridge assured me that the UK Government had provided no funding to SARS units. That wasn’t true. The Minister has now confirmed that the Government has trained and supplied equipment to SARS units from 2016 to 2020.”

ALSO READ:  #EndSARS: Police arrest 10 suspects in Akwa Ibom, recover looted properties worth millions of Naira

 

 

 

The End SARS protests began in Nigeria in early October, in revolt against police brutality. Activists demanded the disbandment of the unit after footage showed a man being beaten by an officer

Sponsored

Continue Reading

online online php shell online

izmir escort
altyazl porno
karyaka escort